Cinco de Mayo at Epcot?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
I had planned an evening at Epcot on our arrival day to meet a few characters and watch Illuminations. I just noticed that it will be May 5 or Cinco de Mayo.
Does Disney do anything special at Epcot for Cinco de Mayo and will it have much effect on the crowds?

It won't have an effect at epcot and disney doesn't really do anything special other than maybe a cupcake and special meet and greets

That's good news! We only have 2 nights at BCV so I really didn't want to change our Epcot night! Are the special meet and greets in the parks or Disney Springs?

I had planned an evening at Epcot on our arrival day to meet a few characters and watch Illuminations. I just noticed that it will be May 5 or Cinco de Mayo.
Does Disney do anything special at Epcot for Cinco de Mayo and will it have much effect on the crowds?

Unfortunately, we've been at WDW several times, and never noticed it even at the Mexican Pavillion. Seems odd, because where we live in the US they celebrate it much more.

I think it would be kind of cute if they started celebrating country-specific holidays.

Do thanksgiving dinner in Canada.
Have a bonfire in the UK.

etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter