• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chronicles of Narnia in Disneyland?

Jen72386

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! i was wondering if anyone knew if there was any merchandise or anything to do with chronicles of narnia at disneyland? just wondering since they did the movie and since i will be there this weekend :)

Yup Yup and Yup. merchandise etc etc
The white witch is the only one doing meet and greets though... as of last week anyway

On my last visit I saw some Narnia merchandise in the kids toy section of World of Disney (Downtown Disney). I didn't pay much attention to the items in the park, but I'm sure they have some too.

If you like the Narnia movie and will have a car you might consider going to see it at the El Capitan theatre. It is in Hollywood...a ways away from Disneyland, but if you are a big fan it might be worth the trip. It is a disney theatre and beautifully restored. The decorations for the movie in the theatre are wonderful and there is a nice surprise at the beginning of the show. There is also a live organist on stage to entertain you before the movie. The attendees seemed to be to be more enthusiastic and appreciative than in a regular theatre...such as a loud round of applause when the credits came up. There is also a gallery downstairs with many of the real props from the movie, such as King Edmunds throne, the Ice Queen's dress and many of the amazing animal masks used as well as their armour and swords or other weapons.

We had VIP tickets that we bought on line. They were $22 each, which was pretty spendy and we were nervous. But this price meant that we did not have to spend over an hour in line like the general admission people did as we had assigned seats and including a souvenier bucket of popcorn and a bottled soda each. So all in all we thought it was a pretty good deal when we were done. We went next door to the disney soda fountain and had a Narnia sundae with the take home souvenir bowl and browsed the Narnia merchandise.

The theatre is at Hollywood and Highland, near the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and across the street from Mann's Chinese theatre and the Kodak theatre where the Academy Awards are. I am not sure how long it would take from Disneyland but probably well over an hour, maybe more. It was a very enjoyable and magical evening and we would do it again, but on a tightly scheduled vacation Im not sure. Again, I mention it as if you are a big fan it might be something you would want to do. :-)

Jennifer

ooooooooo!! sounds way fun! i live in the area so i can go! ive already seent he movie but thats ok ill see it again! thanks for the info! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter