Christmas week at 7 months?

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
We are discussing the possibility of doing Christmas '08 in WDW :santa: and was curious ... how successful have people been in gettting a res at the 7 month window/non-home resort for Christmas week?

Genereally speaking, do you think one should only hope to stay at their home resort for Christmas/Easter weeks or do you think there is a fair amount of availability given DVCers tend to opt for less crowded times?

Should I even get the idea of a 2BR at OKW out of my head or do you think we have a chance?

What do you think? What have you be able to do?

I think you stand a good chance of getting Christmas week in a 2 bedroom at OKW at 7 months...maybe with a waitlist. If you are concerned that the OKW ressie will cost fewer points than one at OKW, just book a SSR ressie with one day or so less, and then try for the longer stay at OKW.

Best wishes...I hope you get what you want.

There may be a "December waitlist" thread that you can follow to see what people have gotten this year...I don't see it

Bobbi:goodvibes

Was definately going to book SSR & see what happens. The point differential would give us a few studio nights for an extra getaway so that's what got me thinking.

Since I try to squeeze every day that I can out of the points we have :blush: & since we have never visited during a peak week I am curious to see what's what.

Good suggestion about checking the waitlist thread!

:thanks:

I think that at the 7 month window there will be something available. If not, waitlist..... I feel you will get a room.

I was able to get a studio room last year at OKW for that time of year and New Years Eve too. Went on a wait list and ended up at the BCV.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter