Christmas-time trip questions

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
Now that the dates have been announced for Mickey's Christmas Party, I see that two of the dates are scheduled for the same days we're planning to visit the MK. Can anyone tell me whether the MK closes early on these nights, and typically what time?

Also, I've read that the Osbourne Lights can be seen every night at dark, but I noticed that MGM usually closes at 6 at that time of year. I know it'll be dark around that time, but I was wondering if the park stays open long enough for everyone to see the lights.

Thanks for any help.

We were at WDW this past Dec. and had a great time. Christmas time at WDW is our favorite time to visit WDW. On the nights of MVMCP the Magic Kingdom does close at 6pm and reopens at 7 for the party. If you are in the MK before MVMCP and want to stay in the park, they will let you stay in Tommorow land until the party starts. You can see the Osbourne lights until 8 or a little after. MGM was open till 7 this past Dec., but since Fantasmic does not get over till about 7:30 you can walk back and enjoy the lights afterword. If you have never seen the lights they are just fantastic. If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me.

We saw the Osbourne lights after Fantasmic, the parks actually remain open about an hour after the listed closing time, that way people can shop, etc. After Fantasmic is over a large number of people go over to view the lights, we just hung back a bit to let the bigger group get through so we could take our time going through and enjoy the display. When we were there I think the park closed at 6:00 or 7:00 but it is usually dark by 4:30 or 5:00.

Thank you both for your replies. That's a relief to know we won't have to rush to see the lights.

Ron— so they'll let us stay in Tomorrowland until MVMCP starts? Is there anything Christmas-y/interesting usually going on in Tomorrowland? Will we be allowed to take our time walking down Main Street on the way out? Thanks again.

There is not much going on in Tommorow Land before the party other than the rides. If you stay in the park walk down main street when they let you go in to the party, because they have snow coming down. Make sure you get a good seat early for the parade because it is so great. It is our favorite parade that they have at WDW. We have done MVMCP 3 times and it's always the highlight of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter