Christmas shopping- Has anyone started?

I start Xmas shopping in January XD Almost done!

After Xmas toy sales, gotta get all the good stuff for Toys for Tots and store it in our basement until donation time!

Also picked up some things for my family at the Ohio Renaissance festival. Have to do that when they're open sadly. If I waited I'd be doomed! All I have to buy for is a sister, her hubs. My mum, mum's boyfriend, and mum in law every year. Everyone else I know doesn't celebrate and hubs and I don't do gifts to each other.

I’ve put the Santa’s Bag app back on my phone and started lists. I’ve been listening to people mention things they want, and I know what my kids need, so it will be a mixture.
Dd and her boyfriend are saving for a house and buying soon, so all of the things that can be found on sale on Black Friday will be perfect for her this year.. small appliances , sheets , towels , dishes etc.
Last year life was incredibly scary and stressful for months around Christmas. It was so bad I barely remember it, and definitely didn’t enjoy it.
All of the issues from last year have been resolved and we are so unbelievably grateful for our health and our family and life in general. I’m just excited to have a relaxed holiday with our family this year !

I’ve put the Santa’s Bag app back on my phone and started lists. I’ve been listening to people mention things they want, and I know what my kids need, so it will be a mixture.
Dd and her boyfriend are saving for a house and buying soon, so all of the things that can be found on sale on Black Friday will be perfect for her this year.. small appliances , sheets , towels , dishes etc.
Last year life was incredibly scary and stressful for months around Christmas. It was so bad I barely remember it, and definitely didn’t enjoy it.
All of the issues from last year have been resolved and we are so unbelievably grateful for our health and our family and life in general. I’m just excited to have a relaxed holiday with our family this year !

now is a great time to get them outdoor type stuff that's on clearance-hoses, bbq tools and such.

Yes, just ordered two of the Bonne Maman jelly advent calendars from Amazon. They sold out quickly last year. They make a perfect early gift for anyone really but especially for my elderly in laws and uncle.

Bought gifts for my boyfriend and most of my family the past week so now only four more relatives to shop for then I should be done for a while. I'll wait until closer to Christmas to buy stocking stuffers for my boyfriend.

Just want to mention on this thread that Target has been doing clearance blast so now is a great time to look around the store and see what they have. Anyone in college they put all their extra back to college stuff on clearance, also school supplies, a lot of housewares and kitchen items too.

I am thankful for this thread. I need to start thinking about the few (Less then 10..) adults I will be buying gifts for.

All the kids in my life, I will do a cookie night. Let them each pick a cookie recipe they want to make and buy everything/bake together.

I bought my first Xmas gift this week. I keep stuff I would like to purchase in my saved cart on amazon. I had a book for DD picked out and it was half price so I got it.
Otherwise I won’t get much yet. We are keeping Xmas small this year. The kids have so much junk we don’t have much room.
I would like to get DS the Nintendo switch and DD the Apple wireless ear buds. I will mostly likely get those Black Friday or cyber Monday day.
It looks like the switch doesn’t get discounted much?
How about the air pods?

Stop and Shop had these Animal Adventures popover travel pillows usually $19.00 for $5.00 so got my DD one for her bus rides she will love it they are so soft :)

I normally start in October, this year i think im going to wait. I have been hyper focused i
On our March Disney trip.. I am so close to paying it off , im $1000 off ( untill i go add more things and raise it again)

So far I bought 1 thing which I will have to give early. We have been to a few shows at the Walnut St. Theater in Philly and love it there. Mary Poppins was fantastic. For not a lot of $, they sell the whole season of 5 shows, same seat for all 5, so I got 4 seats for us. This year the first 2 shows are Young Frankenstein and Shrek which I know the kids will love. They are 22 & 19. It's a great way to enjoy family time together. The first show is in Oct so I'll need to wrap them soon. Sometimes life experiences shared together are far more valuable to me than more 'stuff'.
:cloud9:

Many years ago I would start shopping during/end of summer. That was when we exchanged with everyone and my kids were young. Now, it's mostly a small gift for each of the grandchildren and $$ for their savings. I don't go crazy with the gift because they have everything. I just want them to open something. Same for the "kids" - a few dollars/Gift Card and maybe a bottle/candle.

Mail person, hair person, newspaper, same cash...I buy some wine bottles and some baskets with various items (chocolate/nuts) and I am all set. Nothing to return :)

Well, I tried. Husband's Bday in Dec 24, as well, so $$$ time. I bought him some clothes from Uniqlo.. paying via PayPal, but on my CC, not realising they would send HIM the email.
"Thanks for the new clothes you ordered!" next day. Uh.. you're welcome, I guess!

I started - I purchased my DD one of those small Loungefly backpacks (wristlet) that just came out, I thought they might sell out., so I ordered one now, just in case. I also purchased my DS a red and white buffalo plaid, super-soft, blanket. His college colors are red and white, so I thought it was a good buy, since it was on clearance. He probably won't even make the connection. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
This year will be pretty Disney intensive (as if it wasn't every year :rolleyes1) because we have a big trip to WDW next year with my nieces - love buying stuff for little girls!

Hot Topic was having a buy 2 get one free deal last week so I got DD 3 dresses she can wear on our trip in May (Aristocats, Cinderella/Fairy Godmother, and Princess icons) and also got her the Haunted Mansion Bride (Constance) Funko doll. I got myself the Madame Leota keychain ;)

From that order I "earned" HT cash which I used yesterday. I got the Lilo dress, My Neighbor Totoro tank, Minnie top, Neverland framed map, and a Beauty and the Beast lapdesk.

I also got one of my nieces a Haunted Mansion Madame Leota bag from Target. Will get my other niece the Little Mermaid crossbody from Hot Topic. Then I will get them some Disney books - there is a new kids book about Walt and there are a few about Mary Blair - and some other little things. I saw really cute Disney emoji Lip Smackers at Target - but then found them cheaper on Ebay.

There are some things on my Amazon wishlist that I have been getting little by little when I see a price drop - some arts and crafts things, a Rescue Rangers dvd set, a Miss Mindy Mickey and Minnie sculpture. With that I think DD is done unless I find a new dance game for her Xbox. The rest will be little stocking stuffers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts