Christmas Party entrance at 2:00

alice413

Earning My Ears
Hi! I just purchased tickets to the Christmas Party through Undercover Tourist. I then noticed online that DVC members can get in at 2:00 with party ticket and membership card. Is this true also for tickets purchased through Undercover Tourist?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes. That is based on your DVC membership not where the ticket comes from.

Can you book fast passes starting at 2 PM with the MVMCP tickets?

I don't think it restricts on time. People boook them before 4 so they can hit the first one and get in more and I've done that too. It's just that you have a ticket entitlement. Of course there's been the new iffyness of FP's with the party tickets and certain circumstances have had FP's cancelled for some people when booking on the party tickets.

I didn't know this! This is awesome! As a DVC member I plan on taking advantage of this!

This is one Member benefit I disagree with.
Why should someone who spent money on a full day ticket, who needs to leave by 7pm, be subject to extra crowds and fewer fast passes for the shorter time they are in the parks because of folks who did not pay for that time? Baffling.

This is one Member benefit I disagree with.
Why should someone who spent money on a full day ticket, who needs to leave by 7pm, be subject to extra crowds and fewer fast passes for the shorter time they are in the parks because of folks who did not pay for that time? Baffling.

Well, because it's up to the park owners/management to decide what types of tickets they sell, when they let people in etc.? There's no particular right given to a daily ticket buyer that the parks will be open to them exclusively for xx number of hours. Nor is there any guarantee of a particular crowd level etc for it will be closed off to new entries when it reaches capacity. Also, Disney has said they pay for that time since they let them in so I don't understand your premise. Just because it was something different before doesn't mean that they can't change the price, hours etc. They do that all the time. :confused:

And just look at some of the hours they release now. If the party wasn't going on I wouldn't be surprised that they'd close the park at 8PM or even 7PM if they thought they could.

Well, because it's up to the park owners/management to decide what types of tickets they sell, when they let people in etc.? There's no particular right given to a daily ticket buyer that the parks will be open to them exclusively for xx number of hours. Nor is there any guarantee of a particular crowd level etc for it will be closed off to new entries when it reaches capacity. Also, Disney has said they pay for that time since they let them in so I don't understand your premise. Just because it was something different before doesn't mean that they can't change the price, hours etc. They do that all the time. :confused:

And just look at some of the hours they release now. If the party wasn't going on I wouldn't be surprised that they'd close the park at 8PM or even 7PM if they thought they could.
Not sure why it’s hard to understand. Joe Blow buys a $100 ticket and can’t get a fast pass at 2pm because someone who did not buy a ticket got it.

I don't think you can book fast passes with a special event ticket, unless of course you have a regular park ticket also.

I don't think you can book fast passes with a special event ticket, unless of course you have a regular park ticket also.
An earlier post seemed to imply you can, but even if you can’t why should the day ticket holder be subjected to extra crowds and longer lines?

I’m all for perks, as generally they are a plus for the Member and do not infringe upon or detract from others.
In this case however, it does infringe on other people’s enjoyment.

I’m all for perks, as generally they are a plus for the Member and do not infringe upon or detract from others.
In this case however, it does infringe on other people’s enjoyment.

Or those members stay out of the park that morning until 2pm when their event ticket kicks in and makes the park a little less crowded up to that point, and a little more enjoyable for everyone. Couldn't it work both ways in theory? I know thats how we operate as a family personally...we do a pool day and relax that day until the special event tickets can be used.

Or those members stay out of the park that morning until 2pm when their event ticket kicks in and makes the park a little less crowded up to that point, and a little more enjoyable for everyone. Couldn't it work both ways in theory? I know thats how we operate as a family personally...we do a pool day and relax that day until the special event tickets can be used.
In theory, yes. That may hold true for AP holders, but I doubt many folks would purchase a day ticket if they are attending the party.

Not sure why it’s hard to understand. Joe Blow buys a $100 ticket and can’t get a fast pass at 2pm because someone who did not buy a ticket got it.

I see where you're going but given all of the things Disney can do to manipulate attendance and/or FastPass availability, this seems like a pretty minor sin in the grand scheme of things. Consider how the guest experience has been impacted for decades by comped and promotional FastPasses, special ticket offers, Cast Member guest passes and many other factors. Disney has long allowed party attendees to enter the park at 4pm, which is 2-3 hours before it's cleared of day guests.

Here we're taking about a 2-hour window for DVC Members only. Last year my wife and I purchased MVMCP tickets but other obligations kept us from arriving before 4pm. Others members have annual passes or MYW tickets that grant them early access anyway. This is a nice perk to promote, but I'm not convinced it makes much of an impact on day guests.

There is typically some injured party when perks are offered to a small group. Morning EMH means that people arriving at 9am face crowds and lines rather than an empty park. A dining discount for some should boost demand, meaning others have more trouble getting a reservation. A section of a park roped off for a dessert party or group event means less fireworks/parade viewing space available to non-participants.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!