OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Right. $79, plus tax and tip. And the no AP discount last year surprised me, as we had always been allowed the discount.

I remember that a group of us were up VERY early hitting the phone lines for those reservations. Math isn't my strongest point at the best of times, so I think I started hyperventilating when the CM explained the price because I had just assumed there would be the AP discount. As I said, he was very nice about it all.

I remember that a group of us were up VERY early hitting the phone lines for those reservations. Math isn't my strongest point at the best of times, so I think I started hyperventilating when the CM explained the price because I had just assumed there would be the AP discount. As I said, he was very nice about it all.
Yep, I was up then!!! We were all on here.

So just to confirm, it can only be booked via phone? Or it's just easier to get your preferred time that way?

So just to confirm, it can only be booked via phone? Or it's just easier to get your preferred time that way?

It can also be booked online. But the spots go very quickly, especially for the peak time periods. So it is less of a gamble to use the phone lines. A friend of ours used the online system, and it was a down to the wire nail biter to see if she could get a reservation.

We don't usually do a lot of table service, but this trip will be different. For DH, a big part of holidays is trying new food. Since it is his 50th, we will be dining at Napa Rose, Carthay Circle. Am I missing any upscale dining locations? Do I have to call back everyday or can I make all my reservations on the first call at the 60 day mark.

We don't usually do a lot of table service, but this trip will be different. For DH, a big part of holidays is trying new food. Since it is his 50th, we will be dining at Napa Rose, Carthay Circle. Am I missing any upscale dining locations? Do I have to call back everyday or can I make all my reservations on the first call at the 60 day mark.
You will need to call each day, or wait til the last day is 60 days out, then make them all. Most people like those 2, but my preference is Steakhouse 55 in DLH.

Also, if they repeat last year, they will have a holiday food set up similar to Food and Wine. A lot of different experiences there.

You will need to call each day, or wait til the last day is 60 days out, then make them all. Most people like those 2, but my preference is Steakhouse 55 in DLH.

Also, if they repeat last year, they will have a holiday food set up similar to Food and Wine. A lot of different experiences there.
I will add Steakhouse 55 to the list. The holiday tastings would be right up his alley. Thanks

I will add Steakhouse 55 to the list. The holiday tastings would be right up his alley. Thanks
Let me clarify my post, it was poorly written.

We love Steakhouse 55, excellent menu, changes with the seasons.

Also, in DCA, I'm hoping they repeat last year where they had a set up similar to Food and Wine, where various booths have various holiday food and drink tastings.

We have something similar here. Various restaurants offering one or two small dishes in one location.

:wave::wave::wave:

Just stopping by to offer a drive-by :car: :wave: and subscribe to Susei63's thread to get updates.....

Thank you to those who thought of me and expressed kind words, both here on the forums and in private messages. I am friends with quite a few DIS'ers on Facebook, so those folks probably saw me pop up here and there. Send me a PM if you want me to friend you on FB! :car::car:

We have something similar here. Various restaurants offering one or two small dishes in one location.
I just wanted to tell you I love your Christmas tree ticker with the Mickey Ornaments. I may have to copy this idea after my Halloween trip.:flower:

Just stopping by to offer a drive-by :car: :wave: and subscribe to Susei63's thread to get updates.....

Thank you to those who thought of me and expressed kind words, both here on the forums and in private messages. I am friends with quite a few DIS'ers on Facebook, so those folks probably saw me pop up here and there. Send me a PM if you want me to friend you on FB! :car::car:

So good to see you! You've been missed a lot around here!

I just wanted to tell you I love your Christmas tree ticker with the Mickey Ornaments. I may have to copy this idea after my Halloween trip.:flower:
It's cute. I love tickers! Copy away:flower1:

I was looking for the 2016 thread to see what festivities were for Christmas time last year but could only find 2014 & 2015. Does anyone have a link to last year's link of festivities? We haven't been during this time of year and last year due to the construction of SW land there have been changes I believe so, I would like to look at last year's info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter