Christmas Lights: White or Multi-Colored?

MGMmjl

DIS Veteran
Do you prefer white or multi-colored lights? What kind are on your tree?

Our pre-lit Christmas tree has the option to do either white or multi-colored lights, or both. Right now, we have it on a setting where it fades between white and multi-colored lights. So I feel like we get the best of both worlds! I slightly prefer the multi-colored lights because that's what we always had on the tree growing up.

One of our trees we have white, the other multi.

Outside we have a mixture. For icicle lights we like white. Those multi icicle lights you thought would be cool? Give em to good will while they aren't so out of style even goodwill won't take them. For the lower lights on bushes and the windows we do multi. And our two Xmas light trees are both white.

Last edited:

Clear twinkle lights were all the rage here for 15 years or so but they seem to be going out of fashion - thank goodness! More and more yard displays are trending back to colour; some a very purposeful mix and some that are just glorious riots! I love colour and never did get away from them both outside and in. I saw a tree through a window yesterday all done up in cool white lights - it was so stark I had to avert my eyes.

As long as my husband puts them all up I really don't care. They're all pretty. :santa:

Oops didn't know you meant for the tree.....our 3 footer came with white lights.

Last edited:
I prefer white, but this yr we are doing colored b/c DS likes that more. Will still have white outside, though.

Our tree also has the option of all white or multi. I prefer the white because I HATE the LED colored lights. They make it look too techno.
:goodvibes My DMom had one of those colour-changing fibre-optic trees years ago. We all thought it was hideous but she loved it so much!! One of the grandkids used to say “Granny’s gone disco”.

I had all white lights for years, and I preferred it then because I thought it made the tree look less 'cluttered,' if that makes any sense. But this year I got a tree with the option for both colored and white lights, and I have to say I'm really liking the colored lights better than the white.

:goodvibes My DMom had one of those colour-changing fibre-optic trees years ago. We all thought it was hideous but she loved it so much!! One of the grandkids used to say “Granny’s gone disco”.

I had a small fiber-optic tree I put in my office for a couple years. It was ok, but I don't think I could stand a larger fiber-optic tree!

multi-colored on the main tree (I prefer white, kids like color)

Blue only on 1 tree

3rd tree still needs lights, it's sci-fi themed, I usually put some funky color on it but couldn't find the purple ones I used last year so I'll have to get some more. Haven't decided what yet.

I had a small fiber-optic tree I put in my office for a couple years. It was ok, but I don't think I could stand a larger fiber-optic tree!
:laughing: Hers was a 7-footer, cost a fortune (at the time) and dominated the whole house. It was a major extravagance and she good-naturedly took a lot of razzing for it. Gawd, she loved that thing. :littleangel: I miss you Mom!

Last edited:
No matter how many trees I have at one time it's only clear non blinking.
Wait that's not true. One year I used pink lights that were dotted with pink poinsettias. When that set of lights died I went back to my norm.

I think both are beautiful. We have colored lights on our family room tree, because it's more "happy and festive" to me. We used to have a second tree for our living room and I used white lights on it because they were more "elegant and beautiful." (But I've decided I don't have the energy to do two trees... so the colored one stayed.)

Outside, we have a combination of large colored bulbs and mini white bulbs. I like them in combination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter