Christmas Gifts for TEENS

Well my only progress has been in the RETURNS Department! I so struggled with getting DD18 a Nintendo Switch for Chrismas this year. She loves Nintendo but being an only child doesn't really have anyone to play with but comments that Nintendo is fun for single player. has a Wii, has retro SNES, N64 etc. She is a freshman at college and honestly I thought WHEN is she going to play the switch? Home on breaks? She has no tv at school has never asked for one, uses her Apple PRo to watch Netflicks etc. So I wonder if I really want to give another distraction? She hasn't asked for the SWITCH but I know she finds it cool....

I did find great deals on FREE PEOPLE clothing at Macys online with coupon code FRESH as well. REALLY CHEAP prices for free people so I did buy 2 sweaters.

REturning:
1. Switch....Right???????
2 cute pokemon mega building block thing I got at BN the other night b/c I found a Steven universe building block set at walmart! LOL. She always likes a few toys at Christmas and loves steven
3. Zelda game for Switch...b/c I am returning the Switch...right???
4. Oh wait I did pick up on preorder the new birth right game, popular series, for DS....

And last week I decided we were all leaving for WDW on January 1st for the week. Cheap flights! Enjoying a week with her on college break is more imporant than a switch...right??? LOL I could swing both but....this sounds more justified....

Just to throw in my two cents here, I am 36 and love my Switch. Nobody else in my house plays games with me so I play only single player stuff and I still love it. Also not sure if you know this, but you dont even need a TV to play with a Switch, you can play all games strictly in handheld mode, so it would be perfect for getting a video game fix in a dorm room with no television.

Yeah, I’m pretty disappointed. It’s usually the manufacturers that set those limits so I don’t think we’ll be seeing many, if any sales for Switch games. I also notice their selection for Wii U games is just about zero. I really had to hunt to find three games in the same price range to make it worth my while.
We are getting a Switch because they aren't making any of the new games for the Wii U which is aggravating. I did notice costco has decent prices on some of the games online ($52 or so).

Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies! I agree, it feels like an improvement from middle school but still not great. It makes me feel better knowing this isn't uncommon.
I have the same problem with my ds, who is in high school. He seems to have a lot of acquaintances, but doesn't get invited and/or people accept invites. It is what it is I guess.

Does not include Nintendo Switch games. There goes that plan/strategy.
Ugh. My ds wanted two xbox one games and for my other son I was going to get him a Switch game to go with his Switch gift (he hates the xbox).

We are getting a Switch because they aren't making any of the new games for the Wii U which is aggravating. I did notice costco has decent prices on some of the games online ($52 or so).
I figured I’d end up moving to mostly Switch games but DS specifically asked for Driven to Win for the Wii U. Not sure why but he watches YouTube reviews so there must be a reason. That’s when I discovered Target has barely any Wii U games at all. Online at least. I did find Pokémon Tournament for Wii U, he didn’t specify what platform for that so I was able to make the buy 2 get 1 promo work. (Also got Sims 4 Target exclusive bundle and Sims 4 Cats and Dogs expansion for DD)

Now the board game promo was easy to get to work and I could easily go overboard there, lol. I did both promos in two separate orders to maximize my “free” stuff.

Ugh. My ds wanted two xbox one games and for my other son I was going to get him a Switch game to go with his Switch gift (he hates the xbox).
That’s where it’s hard because you don’t want to buy something you don’t want just to get the promo. I’m going to keep an eye out for deals but I’m not confident there will be many Switch deals. What game are you looking for? If I see it for a good price I will post here. I’m looking for Mario Rabbids and Splatoon 2.

Just to throw in my two cents here, I am 36 and love my Switch. Nobody else in my house plays games with me so I play only single player stuff and I still love it. Also not sure if you know this, but you dont even need a TV to play with a Switch, you can play all games strictly in handheld mode, so it would be perfect for getting a video game fix in a dorm room with no television.

THanks for posting this. As I researched further I came to the similar conclusion. I texted my daughter yesterday at school and told her what I was thinking and she was going to think about it before committing to it...I am sort of hoping she says NO, she is pretty practical, so if she says no then I am at peace with it. If she says YES I think I will still be secretly asking myself is she really going to use this? But I will get it b/c I know she will have thought it through...Thanks for the thought!!!

That’s where it’s hard because you don’t want to buy something you don’t want just to get the promo. I’m going to keep an eye out for deals but I’m not confident there will be many Switch deals. What game are you looking for? If I see it for a good price I will post here. I’m looking for Mario Rabbids and Splatoon 2.
The same games as you and/or maybe Zelda. Thanks!

I have the same problem with my ds, who is in high school. He seems to have a lot of acquaintances, but doesn't get invited and/or people accept invites. It is what it is I guess.

It is indeed. I'm sure you're like me and can't figure out the why but I can't fix it for her.

It is indeed. I'm sure you're like me and can't figure out the why but I can't fix it for her.
Agreed. I can't fix it. Luckily, he is in some clubs, so he is busy. I just feel bad that he hasn't made friends through these activities. I am thankful he still has his two elementary school friends.

Anyone here do the movie deal $9.95 a month for 12 months and you can see one movie every 24 hours unlimited for the month? We normally prob don't see a movie a month. And I try to go before 6pm so $6 a show or I try to go for $5 day. So maybe for us not a good gift value.

DD 14 asked for Marvel movies (joined DMC and got her 7), Spider-Man Homecoming DVD, marvel t-shirts, American Eagle gift card and Converse. I'm also going to get her a new pair of running shoes. She's asking my parents for stuff for her room (full length mirror, tapestry for her wall). She's pretty easy:)

Anyone here do the movie deal $9.95 a month for 12 months and you can see one movie every 24 hours unlimited for the month? We normally prob don't see a movie a month. And I try to go before 6pm so $6 a show or I try to go for $5 day. So maybe for us not a good gift value.

Is this at your local theater? I have never heard of something like this. But I wonder if your money would be better spent on Netflix, Hulu, etc.? I wouldn't want to drive to a theater that often, I would rather have that option at home and have my friends over (as a teen). Are there restrictions on new releases?

ETA my husband has heard of this. Looks like AMC might sue MoviePass.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/amc-moviepass-1202528974/

Finally got a couple ideas from DN 21
All gift cards! Like getting him at least one gift too. So he is thinking lol.
Know I can always get him food/candy too.

Was kind of in a funk Wednesday so to brighten my mood I decided to wrap my DD gifts!! Then did my moms too.
Kind of nice to have them done. Going to look through photos this weekend for our Christmas cards.
We are short handed at work and working extra hours so want to be knocking stuff out when I can.

Have a great weekend!

Well, hit Bath and Body Works today for their $3.50 bath fizzies sale. Got both of my DDs 2 of the $9.50 cupcakes and then 5 regular $7 ones, so I'll have some kinda "weekly" theme for the gift. Total cost out of pocket (including shipping and tax) was $58 (so a little more than 1/2 off). If you are looking to buy these, now might be a good time (you are limited to 15 at the good price in an order online)...

I'm hitting my shopping groove as I see good deals for what they want:)...I actually find Black Friday isn't always the best prices and both before/after can be much better:)...

Well, hit Bath and Body Works today for their $3.50 bath fizzies sale. Got both of my DDs 2 of the $9.50 cupcakes and then 5 regular $7 ones, so I'll have some kinda "weekly" theme for the gift. Total cost out of pocket (including shipping and tax) was $58 (so a little more than 1/2 off). If you are looking to buy these, now might be a good time (you are limited to 15 at the good price in an order online)...

I'm hitting my shopping groove as I see good deals for what they want:)...I actually find Black Friday isn't always the best prices and both before/after can be much better:)...

Are the bath fizzies like the Lush bath bombs?

nevermind, just checked their site and they are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!