Christmas Gifts for TEENS

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Hope you don't mind I started a seperate thread! My DD18 freshman in college. Looking for ideas on what to get her. I love hearing what other parents have purchased for their teens. Thanks!

DD17 is getting the following under the tree:
- Gym membership (something she really wants, it's not me sending her some sort of message!)
- Gym bag filled with several workout outfits, decent athletic shoes, sweat towels, water bottle, hair ties, lock for gym locker
- Ancestry DNA test kit
- 72 count Prismacolor Colored Pencils Set
- Vegan leather crossbody purse (she's an aspiring vegan and is all about animal cruelty right now, so no leather allowed)
- Neutrogena Light Therapy Acne Treatment Mask (odd I know but again something she really wants)
- Marie Kondo's Magic of Tidying Up Books (the original, and a follow up)
- New external DVD player for her laptop (last one broke)
- Bento box for her lunch
- A couple pairs of pajamas and a couple of bath wraps (tradition)
- Maybe a Google Home. I'm waiting to see what the Black Friday sales are on that.

Looking at it, it's quite a random collection of things. By this age, their individuality really kicks in!

Does she live at home and commute to college? Or does she live away at college?

Also, is her college in a cold state? Or have a cold winter?

Loved your sippin tea and reading Dis! Me too!!!

She is in Ohio and lives away....I got lucky jeans today camo print I think she will like...Normally I am SOOO creative with her and find really unique out of the box stuff. Last year I had someone custom make her a steven universe blanket that she LOVES. Favorite gift, go figure. Cartoon character!

She is artistic, musical, loves board games, not into make up etc. etc. but always wants to look nice. I will get her some new boots for walking to class...but she is the type that still likes FUN stuff. I usually get her a lego set too....So she still enjoys her toys of sorts!

My DD Went to college in a cold winter state so here are some of the things we did.

Ice skating gift card, a " stay warm" basket of various kinds of cocoa and tea. We ordered a photo mug from snapfish and put photos of her and new friends on it. Command 3M hooks, new winter boots, fun scarves, gloves,
Winter lip balms, super long phone charge cord, fleece blanket in school colors for football games, lands end quarter zips, fun mini flashlight, craft supplies, WARM SOCKS, fun print flannel sheets, giftcard for sub sandwich place and pizza near campus, if she drives home, books on tape ( Harry Potter etc).

Two things I know I'm buying for mine...

Bath bombs - these were wildly popular for a birthday gift, and you use them up so fast, so too many is never enough...

"Sweets" gift cards for mall shopping - I found out my 2 oldest love to go shopping at the mall and enjoy something together mom would never buy (they don't buy stuff, but "experiences", mostly "taste" ones) - since I never buy treats or really any food while shopping, this is their "splurge" - so I'll be getting the free slices of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory gift cards, $5 Cinnabon Cards, $5 Antie Anne Cards, $5 Starbucks cards, $5 Haagen Daz cards, and probably 1-2 more specific places I know are in the mall...I might turn the whole thing into a "calendar of treats" for each of them if I am really motivated...

I know both of these will be home run gifts, and it's harder to find these home runs, so I'm pretty happy. For once, they are gonna be the easy kids to buy for (a joint new tv/entertainment center for their gaming systems and Blu-rays/digital viewing, a few games since they are gamers, a few books and/or DVDs, the bath bombs, the calendar of treats, and probably a little aromatherapy or makeup)...

Bath bombs - these were wildly popular for a birthday gift, and you use them up so fast, so too many is never enough...

"Sweets" gift cards for mall shopping - I found out my 2 oldest love to go shopping at the mall and enjoy something together mom would never buy (they don't buy stuff, but "experiences", mostly "taste" ones) - since I never buy treats or really any food while shopping, this is their "splurge" - so I'll be getting the free slices of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory gift cards, $5 Cinnabon Cards, $5 Antie Anne Cards, $5 Starbucks cards, $5 Haagen Daz cards, and probably 1-2 more specific places I know are in the mall...I might turn the whole thing into a "calendar of treats" for each of them if I am really motivated...

I know both of these will be home run gifts, and it's harder to find these home runs, so I'm pretty happy. For once, they are gonna be the easy kids to buy for (a joint new tv/entertainment center for their gaming systems and Blu-rays/digital viewing, a few games since they are gamers, a few books and/or DVDs, the bath bombs, the calendar of treats, and probably a little aromatherapy or makeup)...

Are you signed up for cheesecake factory email list b/c on Cyber Monday you buy 25.00 GC and get 2 free slice certificates....

My DD had three advent calendars last year...lindt from NYC one, lego one and the Fortune Cookie Co. advent which is all beauty products and was themed harry potter last year...nice product. I want to see what they have this year. Although she said the Lindt chocolate was her favorite!

Are you signed up for cheesecake factory email list b/c on Cyber Monday you buy 25.00 GC and get 2 free slice certificates....

Yes - that's my plan for this year...they'll get the freebies, while I'll keep the cards to take the family to a dinner at some point:)...figure it will be at least $75 for a dinner, so I'll have 3 free slices each (6 total) to fill 3 of 12 months of the "treats" calendar before I start (I know they usually expire end of March, so 3 is probably all I'll give, even though their goal is to try every flavor):)...

My DD is 17 and senior in HS

so far:
Scarf
Robe
Bracelet
Throw blanket
GCs to couple favorite places and iTunes
String of decorative lights for bedroom

Probably get her some make up and sweater.

Being a little sneaky and getting her a few things she'll need for college next year.
We usually see a theatrical show and nice dinner out too. Something we enjoy doing together.

Basin always has BF free ship too..they are the best!Bath Bombs!

My youngest is just out of her teens but still in college - so I think she almost counts. Her likes haven't changed in the past few years.

So far I have for her :

Dooney Faces Backpack
Dvds of Project Runway (the first 8 seasons)
Owen red plaid chair from Pier 1 (ordered, not yet received)
A few sweaters
And a bunch of stocking things

She is also getting a new Pandora bracelet (the jewelry company, not the Animal Kingdom place), some pjs (we do that every year), some PS4 games and maybe a new 3DS (hers is flaking out a bit).

I love this thread each year. DD ages 15 and 12.

This year we are going to do disney passes for the family (if all works out well with $$ and no big unexpected surprises) so that is bulk of Christmas.

Each girl will also get the following:

Gift cards- Bath and Body, iTunes, Starbucks and Disney 25 each
Make up Mirrors- suggestions for mirrors needed ( I know the simply human ones are good but out of my price range) that are affordable
New Underarmor hoodies (both have outgrown theirs)
Some type of art craft for Christmas day

Wanted to do this last year but didn't happen- new TV for what use to be the playroom and to make it over into a teen hangout room.

Curious, how much is cov
DD is getting plastic surgery for xmas!

She has a badly deviated septum that needs fixing.
And she wants a little cosmetic refinement too.
Curious, how much is covered by insurance? It turns out dd14 fractured her nose at some point, and her nose is now a little crooked, with a deviated septum. Her nose is small, and didn't have any cosmetic issues before this. We have a consultation next week (too early for surgery, but we met our high deductible, so figured we'd get this step on the books).

Joining in. Have DS18 in College and DD16. DS wants the Apple Airpods so will be getting those and some gift cards to Dominos and Chipotle (close to campus). He also wants new Nike Sweatshirts and New Athletic Pants (he went to private high school and they were not allowed to wear athletic pants so he is very happy he can wear in college).

DD - not sure yet. She loves to shop so maybe some different gift cards. She also loves the bath bombs. She has not given me any good ideas yet - I will have to get on her to start a list for me.

I like hearing about everyone's ideas..

Already looking at ideas, although I haven't purchased much.

DD22--Wine! She really loved the Aldi's wine advent calendar, but it'll only be sold in the UK. We might give her wine supplies, too. Beyond that, gift cards--she lives 800 miles away, I don't want to overload her with heavy stuff. You know, beyond the wine.

DS20--Probably an Xbox One. Also gift cards to Game Stop and maybe a couple other places. he's tough to buy for. One perennial gift is the "yard of Snickers" from Walmart-he takes them to school with him a lot, so it's a popular choice.

DD14--Looking for a new laptop, would love a Macbook Pro. Unfortunately, our last name isn't Rockefeller, so we'll likely split the cost with her. She's in the process of looking for more jobs to earn her half.

DS11--Travel items, Legos, I'm sure there will be more. This past summer, I took the girls to Italy, and my youngest is still miffed that he didn't go. But, next year, we're doing Europe--London, Paris, Umbria, and Rome. And he's going. So, I figure I'll get him a nice (adult-y) travel bag or two, and maybe some other cute travel supplies.

One thing we have always done for our college kids is a Money(Gift card) Christmas Tree. I use one of the trees that are about 1-1 1/2 feet high and hang gift cards from it. We buy gift cards for places around campus or even the grocery store they frequent. Always has been a hit.

tarheel618: There is a lighted makeup mirror in the current costco circular for less than $20.

DD19 will be transferring to an out of town school next year so I was thinking of getting her some stuff for that, but it seems too early to even know what she would want/need. I know she mentioned one of the colored Keurigs so maybe one of those for now.
Lush bath bombs and a Sephora GC.
Not sure if I want to give her cash or mix it up and give her a bunch of gift cards to the places she likes to shop at, plus gas ones too.

DS 17 wants a new phone so probably will get that for him. Other than that not sure.

DS 14 already got him a basketball that help track his shooting.

I think we will upgrade our basketball hoop. I found one that is $500 and saw that last year on Black Friday Dick's had it for $250. If they do it again this year that will be a definite purchase. I'm also going to get him a little trampoline so he can do trick shots.
Those things are really more of a joint gift since my older ds will use them too so I have to come up with other things for my youngest.

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for ideas. I am really clueless this year.

Curious, how much is cov

Curious, how much is covered by insurance? It turns out dd14 fractured her nose at some point, and her nose is now a little crooked, with a deviated septum. Her nose is small, and didn't have any cosmetic issues before this. We have a consultation next week (too early for surgery, but we met our high deductible, so figured we'd get this step on the books).

I'm not certain how much will be covered by insurance. Most charges that are covered by insurance need to be coded in a certain way, and that coding is somewhat of a mystery to me.
Sedation should be covered, since she'll need that anyway. Fixing the deviated septum will be covered. Operating Room time may be partially covered, since the optional part will take longer. Same goes for the doctors time, the optional portion will be billed I'm sure. I'm thinking meds will be covered.
I'm going to be placing a few phone calls to our insurance in order to try and sort this all out before her procedure in December.

Sorry this wasn't more helpful...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!