Christmas Cruise Giveaway Winner's Pre-Trip Report

Hypermommy

Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay
Hi there all!

Hypermommy here. I was the lucky winner of the cruise that the DIS Unplugged podcast gave away on Christmas. So much has happened since Christmas day when I didn't at first believe I could possibly have been lucky enough to win. Just ask Tracy at Dreams Unlimited. I didn't believe it until I went out to the Disney site and found my reservation after Tracy booked it! (Thanks, Tracy for understanding my skepticism). But it's really, really real and we're leaving in 27 days!!!

My husband, King Charming, has started a pre-trip report detailing all the surprise, fun and great times we're having getting ready for this trip. Considering the way he can squeeze a penny until Abe cries it's also a great way for new cruisers to understand the costs over and above the cost of the cruise itself and fees. Sure the cruise is free (thanks DIS and DU!!!!!!!) but there are, of course, additional costs (like excursions, formal wear, dog boarding, etc). He's also got an absolutely wonderful sense of humor (so maybe I'm biased) and many folks seem to be enjoying the pre-trip report.

One of the readers suggested that everyone over here on the podcast board might enjoy the TR as well so I thought I'd post a link. If you're interested you can read it at http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1758975. Enjoy! And thanks again to everyone at the DIS Unplugged and Dreams Unlimited. We're having such a great time planning for and looking forward to the cruise!!!!!!!

Oooohhh, how exciting! I'll have to go check out the pre-trip report. Thanks HyperMommy!!popcorn::

Hey you! Been wondering where you got off too. Have you gotten your site back up yet?

Hey there. Yep, it was only really down for a few days. I realized the other day that some of the attraction/requirement notes got truncated in the move, but I'll get them back together. You should have been getting a newsletter the past couple of weeks. Have you?

Hey there. Yep, it was only really down for a few days. I realized the other day that some of the attraction/requirement notes got truncated in the move, but I'll get them back together. You should have been getting a newsletter the past couple of weeks. Have you?

The last newsletter I received said that it should be up in a few days, that was at least a week ago. I'll go back & read it to see if I just read too fast. Send me the link if it's up & running though!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm told I am funny enough to make my pre-trip report interesting. I sure hope ya'll mean that in a good way...:lmao:

We will be leaving for our dream trip in 11 days and the Pre Trip Report will be wrapping up this week. Thanks again.:banana: :woohoo: :banana:

Wow, lovin' the tag-team pre-cruise reportin'!

Thanks! Yeah, I believe the tag-team format is working out well. I think we might need it too, when we get to the actual trip report itself. I'm sure there will be at least a few moments of the cruise that will be -- how do they say -- replaced by sweet red wine! :rotfl2:

The last newsletter I received said that it should be up in a few days, that was at least a week ago. I'll go back & read it to see if I just read too fast. Send me the link if it's up & running though!

Having interesting troubles with the newsletter. All part of getting a new host. You know all those little headaches you have to face when you move into a new place? Yep, they're still there even with a virtual move.

We will be leaving for our dream trip in 11 days and the Pre Trip Report will be wrapping up this week. Thanks again.:banana: :woohoo: :banana:

Woo hooo!!!! Look how close we are to doing the single digit happy dance!!!! :dancer: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

Thanks for posting the link. Will follow your trip with lots of interest :)

Finally finished posting the pre trip report. We leave on Friday to drive the five hours to the port. I can't wait :cool1: I'll start a post trippie in about 10 days. Thanks to all who read and posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter