Christmas Characters at Resorts?

DarciC

Earning My Ears
Hello! This will be our first trip to Disney at Christmas. We have been many times before but have never made time to tour any of the resorts (other than our own) and we are looking forward to seeing the resorts decorated for Christmas. I thought I read somewhere that there are different characters at each of the resorts for the holidays, but I could not find anything specific. Does anyone have experience with this? Are there any special characters we can meet at the resorts during Christmas, or characters in special holiday outfits at the resorts? Thanks for your help!

Hello! This will be our first trip to Disney at Christmas. We have been many times before but have never made time to tour any of the resorts (other than our own) and we are looking forward to seeing the resorts decorated for Christmas. I thought I read somewhere that there are different characters at each of the resorts for the holidays, but I could not find anything specific. Does anyone have experience with this? Are there any special characters we can meet at the resorts during Christmas, or characters in special holiday outfits at the resorts? Thanks for your help!
I've never seen anything like this. Characters don't hang out at the resorts, unfortunately.

Not sure what the current status is, but they have done this in the past. The year we did it they started appearing a little over a week prior to Christmas.

Yes! We stayed at WL the week before Christmas last year and Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto all appeared in the early evenings in holiday clothing (it was Mickey/Minnie one night, Goofy/Pluto another night). They were adorable! One night we were waiting for the elevator and when it opened, Goofy and Pluto popped out - it was so cute! The line got a little long and, if memory serves, they started meeting around 5 pm. We were also at CR one night checking in for Cali Grill (around 6 pm) and Chip and Dale came out (on the second floor) in their holiday attire to meet. We've also seen Lilo and Stitch at Poly (this was two years ago) The only issue is, I don't know if the times are published any where. We only knew about it because there were signs in the resort lobbies announcing the meet and greets. As we get closer to the holiday season, you may want to post this question again to see if anyone starts seeing the signs in the resort lobbies.

Yes, there were characters in Christmas themed outfits at resorts last year. We went December 20th-28th. We saw Chip & Dale at the Contemporary as well as Mickey at the Grand Floridian. They don't advertise the resort characters very well. Mickey was in the lobby but Chip & Dale were fairly hidden in an out of the way location. There were signs in the lobbies that let you know the times the characters were visiting on specific dates. I also subscribe to Character Locater and found info there about holiday characters.

Thanks so much everyone! Hopefully we will run into some of them and get some cute pictures. I appreciate your help!

The boardwalk has Mickey and Minnie and holiday attire for a few evenings around Christmas. I think they were usually there from 5-7. Also, at wilderness lodge I have gotten my pictures with Mickey and Minnie as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter