• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Carol Train Tour?

not yet myself, although i've seen many photos of the interior. i also got to see several minutes of the film today and the trailer. pretty cool.

Bummer -- it's coming to Memphis & St. Louis (both doable), but we'll be on vacation; would've been really cool to see!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!!

not yet myself, although i've seen many photos of the interior. i also got to see several minutes of the film today and the trailer. pretty cool.

I'm going to have to spend some time on the website to check out the interior!

I plan to go to it, but I think it doesn't come this way till Sept.

Hi jenseib!!
It ends by me! Hopefully, others will relate their experience. Though, the excitement should be in full swing by then. :goodvibes

Train will be coming to Philly on October 3 and guess where we'll be??????? Yep, Disney World! As the saying goes, "if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all!"
tom

My mistake....was looking for a saturday so the wife could make it and the closest was baltimore on the 3rd of oct....then again she cannot make philly on the 27th so luck is still against me :(
tom

Planning on trying for OKC or KCMO in a couple of weeks...will keep you posted!

Hi! Not sure if anybody has gone to this yet, but it was here in Houston yesterday, and man i can't believe how many people showed up!! Good for Disney but not good for me!! At 3:30 in the afternoon, there was already over a 2 1/2 hr wait! And with our heat right now, temps around 100 and i cant imagine what the heat index was, prob around 108-110... say the least me and my friend didnt stay. I dont even stay in line like that at Disney!! :) Anyway, atleast we got to see the train!

So bottom line, my tip is to be there early in the morning and get in line early!

This picture shows where you start to line up, i wish the line was this short!
train004a.jpg

Hi, I know that this may have already been posted elsewhere, but I looked it up in the search engine and nothing came up. So, here it goes:

Has anyone done this? It will be here in Miami next weekend (Oct16-18) and we are thinking of taking the kids. If you have done it oe heard about it, please give me your opinion. Worth it, or not?

Here is the site for those that still don't know about it: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/christmascaroltraintour/

Christmas%20Carol%20Train%20Tour.jpg

We received our ticket punched with a mickey shaped hole. The train cars were fascinating. It is amazing to see all the work that goes into creating a "motion capture" movie. There was so much to see. Actually before we left since there was still no line, we walked through again. (I have heard the lines can be really long but we got there around 9:20 on a Friday morning)

Make sure you morph your face into as many characters as possible. They will let you take a picture of the screen but they will email you up to 9 photos per ticket.

There were magicians, singer, and clowns roaming and interacting. A clown sat down at our table with us while we were eating a snack and did four magic tricks. Entertainment will vary per town. This was in Baltimore.

The movie was about 11 minutes. Making of the movie and some clips. Great movie! The best 3D glasses ever! All inside an inflatable theater.

There are drawings for a computer and a chance to be a hometown movie surfer on Disney channel. Tatoos and activity sheets.

We did it in Boston, and it was free, so yeah, it was definately "worth it." It gave us an excuse to get out and see some of Boston afterwards. The trains themselves were OK, nothing to write home about, but entertaining. The morphing faces area was a bit of a disappointment for us -- we never could get it to look halfway decent. Take your time and drink in the famous Disney Detail. Lots of details to see.

Yes, it is really fun. We saw it in Dearborn, MI so we made a day of it visiting the Henry Ford, seeing Harry Potter in IMAX and more.

Go & enjoy!

It's more of an exhibit than an attraction. There is something for everyone; for the young'uns the face morphing part and also the movie preview (in Boston that was in a separate building a block away).

Waiting lines did form, 2 hours for much of a Saturday afternoon.

Saw a few costumed performers (not characters) but only near the queued up guests nearest the train. None in the nearby train terminal's food court where the only chairs and tables were.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter