• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Treehouse Villas?

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
Considering a Christmastime trip next year with some family. Treehouse villas seem like a good option for size but I'm wondering if you lose some of the holiday magic by not staying in a larger resort?

Considering a Christmastime trip next year with some family. Treehouse villas seem like a good option for size but I'm wondering if you lose some of the holiday magic by not staying in a larger resort?

You are in large resort. SSR is probably the largest of all the DVC resorts.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand your question.

I'm guessing the OP is talking about walking through a beautifully decorated lobby on the way to your room everyday.

For a treehouse, you would have to provide your own decorations, but once you decorate, the wooded setting would be great!

The holiday resort magic is at the non-DVC half of the co-located resorts. GF, YC/BC, BWI, and AKL. SSR and OKW has some, THV none.

:earsboy: Bill

SSR has some "holiday touches," but they certainly don't go all out like Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, or Grand Floridian. However, visiting those other lobbies is just a hop, skip, and a jump away. You could always plan a meal or two at the other resorts, which would give you the best of all worlds.

When we visit over Christmas, we always spend at least one day resort hopping to take in all the decorations.

We will be there this year between Christmas & New Years and will let you know, but like others have said resort hop is a great thing to do I would plan it into your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter