Christmas at Coronado: Day 3 - A little less than magical

I'm sad coronado was such a bust for you.
Me too. I was hoping to find another moderate resort to really enjoy. Coronado isn't it for me. Oh well.
I'm sorry this trip had so many misses for you! But I'm glad you still enjoyed the good moments. Your meal at the Wave sure does look delicious! And the tree at the GF is gorgeous!
In, the end, the good far outweighed the bad. Even now, just a handful of days later, the bad stuff is almost lost in a fog while the good stuff is crystal clear. And speaking of the good stuff, The Wave was, again, fantastic. I know it's not as "Disney" in feel and design as some of the other restaurants, but it's has been nailing it in terms of service and food. It blows my mind that the restaurant is that dead at dinner time, especially when the food has been among the best out of the growing number of places I've eaten on property. It seems to be incredibly underrated. I want more people to go there to see how incredible it is, but I also want it to stay below the radar so I can continue to enjoy quiet, peaceful meals. On the past few trips that I've eaten at The Wave, I've left each time wondering if it would be ridiculous to book another ADR for the next day. I feel like there's going to be a trip in the future where the only restaurant that I eat at is The Wave, and I have a feeling that I would finish that trip wondering why I didn't do that before.

We stayed at Coronado on one of our trips and I was not pleased at all with the housekeeping there. When we first arrived my son made a beeline for the bathroom where we found a very dirty bandaid on the floor. I immediately called housekeeping who came in and thought that just picking it up would suffice. A couple of days into our stay we moved the ottoman thing away from the window and found a pair of underwear underneath of it. It went well with the food that was under the bed and the hairs that we had all over our room as well.
It was disappointing. The only other place I've had a less than stellar room in terms of cleanliness was at All-Star Sports, but even those rooms, as worn out as they are, were cleaned better than my room at Coronado. I was kind of hoping that my room was just the oddity and that others wouldn't have had the same experience, but your experience doesn't surprise me, unfortunately. Maybe it's because it's a convention hotel? Or maybe just an overwhelming amount of people in a short amount of time threw everything off? I'm trying (still) to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'd honestly rather stay off property than go to the Coronado again. Lesson learned, I suppose.

I really wanted to like CSR, their food court was good and my kids had a good time at the pool. My favorite so far has been AKL with French Quarter being a close second.

I really wanted to like CSR, their food court was good and my kids had a good time at the pool. My favorite so far has been AKL with French Quarter being a close second.
I haven't stayed at POFQ, but I've stayed at AKL and POR and I've liked them both, especially POR. The grounds at POR are beautiful. Even though it's big and spread out, it felt comfortable, and walking around the paths was so nice. Having the boat ride to Disney Springs was also really nice. With the exception of GF, which I thought was just amazing, POR was probably my favorite. I'd love to stay at POFQ, but it always seems to be sold out when I get around to booking. It looks like my kind of place, with a beautiful look and character to it.

We stayed at POR twice and I loved it. French Qtr is small but very nice and I felt like the people who worked there were so friendly. It seems as that resort is often excluded from and special offers the Disney has and if they are included the rooms get snapped up pretty quick.

Grand Floridian is on my list, even if for one night. 1900 Parke Fare is one of my favorite breakfasts!

I didn't know where else to ask, so I thought I'd just put it here. Any news on the job for which you interviewed?

I didn't know where else to ask, so I thought I'd just put it here. Any news on the job for which you interviewed?
I was offered the position but I had to decline it. It didn't make sense financially, unfortunately. Oh well. I've talked with my bosses about a few things and decided I'm here for the long haul, so I'm looking to buy my first house. I may have to do a Disney trip to celebrate after everything goes through and I scrape together some Disney dollars.

I was offered the position but I had to decline it. It didn't make sense financially, unfortunately. Oh well. I've talked with my bosses about a few things and decided I'm here for the long haul, so I'm looking to buy my first house. I may have to do a Disney trip to celebrate after everything goes through and I scrape together some Disney dollars.

Well, at least you know. I guess sometimes it takes a different possibility to make us really sit and think and make decisions about the future. Good luck house hunting and I look forward to reading about your next Disney adventure (I live vicariously through all of you!)

Congrats on the offer and on your future decisions! You seem to truly enjoy what you do and your life!

Just read this and while I'm sorry the lodgings didn't really work out, I have to tell you I was about laughing out loud at the outlet mall commentary. From the dreaded skinny pants (I swear I hate seeing men looking like they pulled a suit from their wife's closet) to the electric youth mention!! Debbie Gibson forever!!(though now I see younger women wearing hats like Debbie's and wonder why we're on repeat with the whole 80's thing still.

Anyway, congratulations on the job offer! It's always nice to at least have people interested in you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter