Choose My Resort

Tink10

Always Lurking
You all are my last resort (no pun intended)......

I'm planning a June trip to Orlando (doing 3 days at WDW then 6 at USF) and having a terrible time deciding which Universal resort to stay at. (I'm terribly indecisive)

So, I've decided to give you all a little info about us & our trip and let you all decide which resort/room we should stay in. The Majority will win and that's what I'll book.......

Here's our info.....

Myself (33), my hubby (34) & my daughter (11). We'll be staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first 3 nights of this mid-June vacation. We prefer "nicer" accomadations (who doesn't), but don't want to spend a fortune on them.

We've only been to USF once before, when we stayed off site. We loved the parks but because the lines were so long, we didn't spend that much time there.

We will be celebrating 2 birthdays on this trip (mine & my daughter's) and I want to make it as special as possible.

OUR PERSONALITIES-

I am a very high-strung person. I'm always on the go and don't like to wait for things. I enjoy comfy hotel rooms, where I can turn up the air conditioning, order room service, and then curl up in a soft bed and have a beer. I prefer the HRH.

My Hubby is extremely easy-going. He's not too concerned about decor, and appreciates convenience. He enjoys hotel rooms where he can sleep in a bed that I won't steal all the covers or push him out of bed in the middle of the night. He prefers a Club level room.

My daughter (11), is very artistic. She likes ornate decor and LOVES interesting special touches. She wants to be close to the parks and wants bagels and doughnuts for breakfast. This will be her first trip riding any of the roller coasters. She prefers the RPR.

So, that's who we are. Which resort & room class should we stay in?.......It's your call!

Thanks!

I think HRH with its proximity to the parks and fun but sophisticted elegance would suit you all.

What room-type have you chosen at BWV? If you are staying in a one bedroom (at 712 square feet) will you feel cramped in 375 square feet at Hard Rock? Have you looked into suites?

Have have a preferred view studio reserved at the BWV....So, a regular sized Universal resort room should suffice.........:D

I would vote for HRH, unless you did want to split the stay between 2 resorts. We haven't done that at Universal, but did at WDW. They also move the luggage at WDW and in 5 nights we stayed at 3 different places. The hardest part was not having a room in the early afternoon when I wanted a break with our toddler. And of course packing up. In your situation it might be a good idea, though, since you wouldn't have to take that afternoon break.

I would vote for HRH for the cool luxury, and then you can go over to RPH for a meal so your daughter can enjoy the theming.

I vote for RPR for two reasons -

1 - You can do all the the things you said you want at either hotel. They both have comfortable rooms, room service and beer!

2 - Since you can get what you want at either hotel and you say you want to make it extra special and it's your DD's birthday too - go with the one she wants to stay at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter