Chocolate for melting? HELLLLP! <tia!>

potterphreak

Mouseketeer
OPkily-dokily, fellow crafters, helllllllllllp! LOL I am planning DD's 3rd birthday (Mickey Mouse/Disneyland theme) and I found THE cutest Disney castle candy molds and I think I would like to use them to make favors for the adults. Problem is, I want super tasty chocolate (milk and white) and I have never done this before, so I am very lost. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!!!!!!!!!

potterphreak said:
OPkily-dokily, fellow crafters, helllllllllllp! LOL I am planning DD's 3rd birthday (Mickey Mouse/Disneyland theme) and I found THE cutest Disney castle candy molds and I think I would like to use them to make favors for the adults. Problem is, I want super tasty chocolate (milk and white) and I have never done this before, so I am very lost. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Michael's or JoAnn's and grab the chocolate from them.. They are called Candy melts.....by Wilton.. they come in all flavors and we love them! They are about $2.50 a bag..but it makes a good bunch!!! We use these for favors and candies all the time.. I have molds for about every holiday!!! Just melt them in the micro and fill the molds, 10 minus in the freezer and ta-da!! They are gorgeous for centerpieces too! I made them for a teacher appreciation luncheon a few years ago and still get calls for them!!!

I buy my chocolate from a candy store - they sell molds as well. It is much fresher. The candy from the craft stores sit there a very long time and can have a stale taste to it. I didnt beleive it when my SIL told me but I tried the chocolate from the candy store and it is alot better. I make chocolate covered oreos

I get mine from a bulk food supplier locally. They have a store where we can buy by the pound.

For some reason, though, my aunt always gets hers at ACMoore...well, I guess I get them for her now. ;) She swears that their stuff is better than the bulk stuff. She makes quite a bit of candy during the year & everyone raves about it. I have to admit that I've always liked her candy & thought she was using what I did. ;)

I've often gone to pick some up for my aunt & something she wants (milk, dark or white) is completely sold out. So maybe that store keeps it moving well enough that staleness is not an issue. :confused3

The BEST melting chocolate out there is called Merkens. It's been highly recommended by two of the chocolate's classes teacher's I've had. You can find them with a quick Google search. It's really high quality chocolate that never gets that slightly waxy taste. Fortunately, it's not even very expensive at all.

i also use the merkens from a local candy store. it has always been a big hit with my family and friends. esp around the holidays. i spend a complete weekend doing candy at christmas time. from sun up to sun down. i do filled chocolates, barks, dipped things.... the whole line up. my dh refers to the house those days as the chocolate factory. he is always a big help i must admit. i did not do it last year because my ds(3 at the time) was sick the weekend so i had a bunch of unhappy people last year. i also use the double boiler to melt mine. just my opinion i think it comes out a lot better than the microwave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!