Chili with ground turkey??

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
has anyone ever made chili with ground turkey instead of beef???
and do you have a recipe???
looking for easy and healthy!!!

thank you!!!

Laura :) :) :)

I have! It is really good. I do a lot with ground turkey. Half the time I don't even tell my kids that it is not ground beef. I use it in enchiladas, burritos and I make meatloaf with it too.

The chili that I make is not really from scratch. I use this sauce from Tabasco. It comes in varying degrees of heat. I use the mild so the kids can eat it too. Here is a link so you can read about the Tabasco product. I usually buy it in my local supermarket.

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/index_category_more.cfm?tlcatid=2&catid=98&moreid=C70

thanks Beth E.
I looked at the website, doesn't get much easier than that!!! I'm going to look for it in the supermarket!!! thanks a lot!
Laura :)

Here's mine. Ground turkey.(spray your pan because the turkey is on the dry side.)
Chilli powder to taste. 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of dark red kidney beans. Bring to boil, then simmer for a few minutes.

Here's an "odd" one for you! My DH's own specialty. Weird but good. Ground turkey or venison, chilli powder to taste, 1 can butterbeans, 1 can carrots, 2 cans of diced tomatoes. 1 can of sliced potatoes (drained). Really more like a stew.

OOOHHH, Faith. That last one sounds good. My family likes my turkey chili. They probably don't even realize that it is turkey that they are eating! I'll have to try your DH's "stew". Thanks for sharing.

I use ground turkey all the time. Can hardly tell its not beef.

Here's my chili recipe:

ground turkey
1 med. chopped onion

Brown; drain

Add chili powder and cumin, to taste..........simmer 5 minutes.

Add 1/2 C salsa, 1 can pinto beans, and 2 cans diced tomatoes

Top w/ sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese!

Chili

1 lb ground meat (beef or turkey)
1 16 oz can great northern beans, drained
1 16 oz can refried beans
1/2 bag frozen corn
1 can tomato soup
1 can water
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
Add chili powder to taste.

When using ground turkey, I usually add a couple of teaspoons of powdered beef boullion. If I need to stretch the recipe for another person & don't want to double - or just for a change - I thrown in a bag of Lipton Rice & Sauce - Spanish flavor - with the required 2 cups water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter