Children's Wish Birthday suggestion - Thanks to the Roundtable!

aGoofyMom

DIS Veteran
Julie read my email back in May asking for suggestions for presenting DH's birthday present. He had asked for donations to Make a Wish or Children's Wish Foundation to help grant terminally ill children's wishes as so many of these Wishes are to go to Disney. The suggestion was made (Kevin or John I think?) to do a Wishes fireworks cruise - something I wanted to do anyways.

We have our cruise booked for his birthday in just a couple of weeks. But I couldn't donate less than the amount of the cruise. I went to family who would normally do something for his birthday and asked them to donate as well. I got a graphic from the DISigns board and made a card from that which will show him the total donations made.

I just wanted to let everyone know that thanks to that suggestion, I just made the final donation.
A total of $540 was raised! :goodvibes

DH is going to be speechless!
"see what a little wishing can do!"

:goodvibes Just wanted to say this was a wonderful thing for you to do! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone!

I am so sorry Julie, I couldn't remember who had brought up the suggestion and didn't have time to go back and listen again.

Kevin - that was CLOSE (Klose?). We were listening in the car while on the first leg of our trip. He had been paying attention to the dining review, but tuned it out once talk turned to the forum watch as because he doesn't pay attention to the boards. When I scrambled to pause it he started to laugh at me realizing he wasn't supposed to hear something. We were almost at the border so I left it and didn't listen to the rest until the flight down this morning.

So thanks to Julie for the suggestion, and thanks Kevin for mentioning my thread. I know DH won't go looking for this because he loves surprises and won't go lookng to ruin them.

That being said, I will be at MNSSHP as well tomorrow night! ;)

gotta run - the rain stopped! At least for now!

Should I tell you that John and I will also be at MNSSHP tomorrow night?

Nah....I'll keep that a secret.

Kevin

I thought I heard that - I will be listening for you both! And yes, I can tell the difference...

I hope we bump into you...just watch out for a couple of "boo-tiqued" short ones - I am not much taller than DD6 and we are getting made over in a couple of hours! DH & I have some MNSSHP shirts. Of course he's not short. Which is why I have a 6 year old who is almost as tall as me.;)

Donna

I thought I heard that - I will be listening for you both! And yes, I can tell the difference...

I hope we bump into you...just watch out for a couple of "boo-tiqued" short ones - I am not much taller than DD6 and we are getting made over in a couple of hours! DH & I have some MNSSHP shirts. Of course he's not short. Which is why I have a 6 year old who is almost as tall as me.;)

Donna

I wanna see pics!!! :)

No pics
I didn't meet up with Kevin & John. :sad1:

But DD6 chosen some wonderful Halloween hair for me to wear.

Of course I will be hear for a while yet - we don't go home until early November! I still have time for a Podcast celebrity sighting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter