? Children's Mac & Cheese meals

karemore

DIS Veteran
The children's mac & cheese meal, is it like Kraft mac & cheese, or Stouffer's mac & Cheese or something all together different?

Thanks,

Karen

Something different all together. It is more similiar to Stouffer's than Kraft, it's nothing like Kraft. The Mac n Cheese is made by WDW chefs, and there was a story about a taste test they ran to get the perfect combination of cheeses on Food Network last year. At Liberty Tree Tavern, they serve the Stouffer's Mac n Cheese, since that restaurant is sponsored by Stouffers, but elsewhere on property it is the WDW variety. It actually is pretty good!!!!

The mac & cheese varies at different restuarants. The version at Jiko is absolutely unbelievable; one of the best things I have ever eaten.

My girls are very picky, they like the kraft, Love mine (of course) and don't like many of the other box or frozen offerings. They often don't like the restaurant offerings around here either. IIRC they would not eat the kid cuisine at my sil's house.

The nice thing about most of the counter and sit down restaurants at wdw was that the "mickeyroni" and cheese is separate so the first time my younger dd got it they offered the cheese sauce on the side just in case. This was at the food court inside the land building - well she loved it and ordered it a few times more. My older dd tasted it and decided she didn't like it so always orderd her pasta plan or with tomato sauce from then on. I can't remember off hand which places offered it but just ask if you can get the sauce on the side just in case. My dd had a nice treat as I allowed her to "dip" her pasta.

Is it anything like the Macaroni Grill or places like that? Great topic question.
My kids are huge mac-n-chesse fans, but seem to only like the kraft/velvetta kind! Can we find that anywhere? Or is it all different? Thanks!

Thanks!

I plan to know before we even leave NY where we can eat in each park.

There's nothing worse than being hungry and not knowing what's available and where.

20 days and counting........

Karen

my son only eats Kraft at home but loves the M&C in Epcot at the Land --- Mickey Mac with Cheese sauce you mix in yourself .. go figure !

Originally posted by madalex
The mac & cheese varies at different restuarants. The version at Jiko is absolutely unbelievable; one of the best things I have ever eaten.

DITTO DITTO DITTO

"oak grill Filet mignon served with mac & cheese" who'd have thunk it? SOOOO good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter