Childcare During Marathon

BrerNashville

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if the various babysitting services around disneyworld can staff someone to watch 3 kids (13, 11 and 9) during the marathon? E.g. 3AM arrival and ??? departure?

I think it's "kids night out" that is a company who does it. Their normal rate structure is different for RunDisney events.

In my family I would have been the 13 year old and I would have been in charge, though.

http://kidsniteout.com/sitter_services.html

Be sure to let them know you're looking at help during the marathon weekend. Maybe it's changed, but they changed the way they charge for marathon weekend 2014.

Thankfully my aunt could come in and sleep the night before my run. Leaving around 3am would have been impossible since DS was only 9, would have been alone, and my mind does run to the "what ifs". :)

But still, at 13 I was doing some sitting that involved me being asleep in the house for at least part of it.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the various babysitting services around disneyworld can staff someone to watch 3 kids (13, 11 and 9) during the marathon? E.g. 3AM arrival and ??? departure?

Honestly...won't they just be asleep? Throw the Do NOT Disturb sign on the door and head out. Tell the kids to stay in the room until you get back. I'm sure they will be happy to sleep in and then play on their various electronics for a couple hours. Keep breakfast stuff in the room for them. 13 is plenty old enough to be "in charge" of siblings in a hotel room for a few hours.

I'm the oldest of three and we were all two years apart just like yours OP. I was probably watching my brothers at least one night a week when I was 13 and they were 11 and 9. I am not sure if Disney even has babysitting for kids that age. I know in old official race threads there was talk of Disney babysitting but it was for younger kids. You may want to post this question in the discussion thread for your actual race.

For Star Wars Darkside we left our 12 and 9 year old in the room at Beach Club while we ran the half. They were fine, and our oldest is responsible enough to watch her little brother. They pretty much slept until after 7, ate breakfast in the room, and were fine playing on their electronics until we got back.

Obviously, depending on what corral you are in for the marathon and how fast you run will determine how long they would be alone for. For both WDW marathons I have run, I did not get back to the hotel until a little after noon, and that was starting in the middle of the pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter