Child with custom orthotics

birthygirl

Mouseketeer
Hi all-

I wasn't really sure where to ask this question, but maybe someone here has some advice.

My 9 year old son has started wearing custom orthotics since our last trip to the World. I know they can't get wet, but I'm at a loss on how to handle these in the park. For water rides we can change into flip flops for that duration, however, we typically don't shy away from being out in the rain or getting wet in general. Also, is it possible to wear them in sandals (like a Teva)?

No, orthotics really cant go into sandals. Best bet is sneakers that they fit into. I think for water parks the orthotics will have to be skipped most likely. I wear them and my hubby wears his. I don't see any way around this .

I would suggest getting hiking shoes like merrells. These keep your foot (and orthotics) dry in the rain / puddles.

Hiking shoes are a great idea! They hike a lot in the summer anyway, but he had outgrown his from last year. We'll get him a new pair of those! Thanks for the suggestions!

My son wears orthotics. We found close toed sandals that worked quite well. Lots of airflow and the orthotic stayed in place.

I got him some like this this morning actually just to have sandals for short amounts of time in the summer. We’ll try his orthotics in them and see if it works! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts