• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicken's Guide to HHN XI! (SPOILERS!)

DocBrown88

Earning My Ears
:bounce: Ooooooooook here we go...general run down of HHN...there are spoilers but not too bad...just to give an idea for folks who may be cautious about going.

I went on opening night....so here is the first disclaimer...I have noticed in past years that the scares and actors tend to kick it up a notch the closer it gets to halloween. I don't know if this will be the same this year or not but there is no reason to doubt that. Be it the atmosphere of the holiday or the fact that the scareactors get more comfortable in their roles (prolly a little of both) but it does tend to get a little more intense in the houses.

I went with 2 friends and my wife. She is not scared easily but my other friends are.

ScareZones - These are always fun...mostly to watch the reaction of others...not to scary in here and it can help to get you into the mood. Not as much fog in here as last year. Last year you couldn't see for anything through the fog to the point of almost being dangerous. But they seem to have toned that down a bit.

The Mummy Returns - This house was not too bad at all... lots of neat effects and scenery but not too much in the way of scares. There is a lot of hanging strips of berlap and other cloth and the mummy costumes are AWSOME. However through this house I couldn't help but get the feeling I was at an SCA rummage sale.

Run - A lot of people have mixed feelings about this house. It's not so much a haunted house as a fun house with scareactors. It is fairly well lit and open (chainlink fences and the like) but very noisy and disorienting. You more than likely will get split up from your party and you WILL get lost at least once.

Superstitions - This was a fun one...lots of scares in here especially if you ARE superstious. I jumped a couple of times in this one and got a little lost. This one feels earie almost surreal. Lots of classic frights in here including jump-outs and psychological stuff.

Pitch Black - This one was fun as well. If you are affected by dark places or are claustrophobic you may have a problem in here. Lots of feeling around for things and using your other senses to get around.

Scarytales - This is probably the FREAKIEST house in the park. Lots of psychological scares in here. Its VERY wiggy, imagine Disney's SnowWhite ride possesed by Satan....VERY funny song at the beginning of this house...if you can stick around at the entrance for a few you will probably laugh your butt off. I would love to get an MP3 of it ;)

The OOZEzone Fright club - This is a dance club however be forwarned there is a mini haunted house at the end of it. Loud noises at the beginning of it and of course King Kong towering high above you.

On a scarescale of 1 - 10 I give this years event a 6. Last years was an 8.

That's about it.....Enjoy!

Thanks that was great! I'm not sure if dh and I are going to be able to go but I will defenitely avoid pitch black. I'm petrified of the dark.

The song at the begining of Scarytales is from the movie Spy Kids. So just look up the Spy Kids soundtrack and I am sure you will find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter