Chicken & Lasagna with cornflakes

Vivig

<font color=teal>Addicted to DISboards<br><font co
Hi There,

Many many years ago on the box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes they had published a recipe for lasagna with cornflakes...may sound odd but it was delicious!

I have tried to locate this recipe EVERYWHERE with no success..including directly at Kellogg's.

If anyone has a copy of this recipe I would be very grateful if you would share it with me.

Thanking you all,
Vivian

Hi there.

I know you asked this question 8 years ago, but if you still search this recipe, I have it here in French. If you're interested I will translate it for you.

That was the recipe my mother used, and I still use it :)

N.

Would LOVE the recipe!! AMAZING that you have the recipe after all this time! No need to translate...I read and understand French!

I CANNOT thank you enough!
Vivian

If you don't mind translating it, I am curious to try it!

I must know how you ever even found an 8-year old thread about cornflake lasagna?!

Well, if you really want to know... I wanted to do lasagna but was out of cornflakes, so I was checking around what other exotic ingredient I could top my lasagna with. Finally I ended up with a simple bechamel and grated cheese.

Now, the recipe.

Gives: One 11x7" lasagna dish.

1/2 kg ground beef
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 green pepper, coarsely chopped
400 ml tomato sauce (or your preferred plain spaghetti sauce)
oregano, salt, pepper
9 lasagna noodles
loads of grated mozarella (to taste, maybe 300 to 400g).
2 tablespoons melted butter
4 cups Corn Flakes, crushed to give between 1/4 and 1/2 cup

Saute beef. Add garlic, onion and pepper, leave alone 2-3 minutes (low-medium heat). Add tomato sauce and oregano, simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste.

Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain well.
Butter a 11x7" baking dish. Place 3 cooked lasagna in the dish and cover with half of the meat sauce, then 1/3 of the grated cheese. Repeat. Top with 3 noodles and the remaining cheese.

Combine crushed cornflakes with melted butter, sprinkle the top.

375 °F for about 40 minutes.

Thank you thank you thank you :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts