Chicago/Suburban DIS People

Hi, all! I'm super close to the city and would love a chance to meet up with fellow Disney nerds. Are there any really big Disney stores around, with restaurants near by? (I miss Oak Brook's.) Could be a fun idea for a meet up.

Hi! I also miss the Disney store at Oakbrook mall! Now I only know of the one on Michigan Ave. and the Disney outlet store at the Chicago Premium Outlets in Aurora. The outlet mall is a lot of fun because they have so many stores (so it's fun for a shopaholic like me), they also have a few different restaurants. That could work- to meet up at the Disney store there and then eat/shop around if anyone's up for it.

Hi! I also miss the Disney store at Oakbrook mall! Now I only know of the one on Michigan Ave. and the Disney outlet store at the Chicago Premium Outlets in Aurora. The outlet mall is a lot of fun because they have so many stores (so it's fun for a shopaholic like me), they also have a few different restaurants. That could work- to meet up at the Disney store there and then eat/shop around if anyone's up for it.

I always forget about the Michigan Avenue one! I always hit Block 37's on State Street since it's so close to the trains. And anthropologie. ;) I think I could get myself to Aurora, though, if that worked for others. The new ornaments should be out soon, right?

I live in the city. I think the Block 37 store is the better of the 2 in the city, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars right around there. There's also a Disney outlet in the Rosemont Premium Outlets mall.

I'd be game for a Chicago DVC meet & greet

Let's do it! Anyone up for it at the end of this month, or would October work better?

I always forget about the Michigan Avenue one! I always hit Block 37's on State Street since it's so close to the trains. And anthropologie. ;) I think I could get myself to Aurora, though, if that worked for others. The new ornaments should be out soon, right?

I don't know about the ornaments. Like ones that are released by the Disney Store, or do you mean the Hallmark ones?

With a little notice I should be available for end of this month or October, either can work if I have a little time to plan. I'm also open to downtown or burbs. I can take the train into the city so that's not too bad. I'm going to look up Block 37 because I haven't heard of that before.

No we haven't met up yet. The weather is not good now, might have to wait until it's warmer again. (Like April...LOL!) I really don't know where we should meet up. I'm by O'Hare, so the Northwest Burbs would work for me. Going into Chicago (downtown) would work on a Sat. or Sunday too. Would meeting at a restaurant be good, or a restaurant inside a store?

i live downtown, but am out in the northwest suburbs quite a bit. I'm in for whenever. Townhouse Restaurant and Winebar have happy hour specials M-F. That's on Wacker and Monroe close to both Union and Olgilvy. There's a bunch of places around Woodfield... Westwood, Zeal, etc... or there's quite a large Starbucks at Streets of Woodfield

I'm in the south burbs but happy to go north for a meetup. Woodfield works for me, or downtown, and food is always good!

I have so much DIS merch I don't even know what I'd wear...
Hey, I'm Chad. I kik'ed some of the others I've met on this board about meeting Saturday 2/23. Maybe for lunch at P.F. Chang's?? Would you like an invite to our kik?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!