Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I pretty much hate 12Up. They are the TMZ of the sports world so it's no wonder that they quoted TMZ.

I tracked down the source of the material:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/?post_type=cst_article&p=1428183

He says he likes Zo. I wonder which players her knocked heads with.

About Iopoce David says,
“Hopefully, he has better success at this than I did,” said Davis, who stressed no hard feelings with the Cubs. “But regardless of who’s there, certain players there are going to have to make some adjustments, because the game’s changed, and pitchers are pitching them differently. They’re not pitching to launch angles and fly balls and all that anymore. They’re pitching away from that.
I'd like to have the player exit interviews from the Red Sox last year :rolleyes1

So Cub fan's...AFL has been going quite nicely for Nico Hoerner. Especially interesting since he's a SS. Depth is a wonderful thing to have. You can follow the AFL games on MLB.com. He hit a triple tonight driving 2!

Well, the Brewers blew it. Go Red Sox, beat those nasty guys from L.A.
The horseshoe finally fell out.
I knew Dave Dombrowski when he was late teens, he played ball the same years as my brothers. One of the tons of players we'd meet thru the years with my dad's semi-pro team in Oak Lawn. I remember he was at one of the baseball banquets. That's about the only *personal*(stretch) reason's I have for Boston, but fan -wise, the obvious are those who have been there~ Theo, Jed, Lester, Rossy, Lackey, Rizzo, Hinske..lol. I was hoping for 2 outdoor parks so I'm glad it worked out as it has. The $$$ of future ratings is thrilled.

so Riggleman won't continue past interim with the Red's.
Even tho he has bounced around a lot, Bell is from Cinci.

This does mean STL will be looking for a new Bench Coach

Cincinnati Reds‏Verified account @Reds
David Bell has been named the new manager of the Cincinnati Reds. He will be introduced at a press conference on Monday at 11:00 a.m.

DqCcIqRX0AASkuj.jpg

DqCcI0HXQAAM8Xu.jpg

I'm bummed about the Brew Crew. I was really hoping for all my Wisconsin friends and neighbors that they would make it. That 3-run homer crushed them. It's interesting that when I saw it I thought to myself, "There's plenty of baseball left!" because I am conditioned to our regular (NOT late September) "We Never Quit" Cubbies. 4 run deficit? That's nothing. Sadly, it was too much for the Brewers.

I'm not sure who I'll root for in the World Series. I like and dislike both teams. I'm leaning toward the Red Sox, but I'm a National League fan at heart.

I'm bummed about the Brew Crew. I was really hoping for all my Wisconsin friends and neighbors that they would make it. That 3-run homer crushed them. It's interesting that when I saw it I thought to myself, "There's plenty of baseball left!" because I am conditioned to our regular (NOT late September) "We Never Quit" Cubbies. 4 run deficit? That's nothing. Sadly, it was too much for the Brewers.

I'm not sure who I'll root for in the World Series. I like and dislike both teams. I'm leaning toward the Red Sox, but I'm a National League fan at heart.

3 run homer's have been deciding games forever.

if it is Boston, one up side is that the Cubs will still be the last NL team to win it.:thumbsup2

Cora strikes me as a better Manager than Roberts

ETA: My guess is Chili is rooting for LA :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Was thinking about Keuchel being a FA~my gut tells me he's gonna be in the Central. He's bashed both Cubs & Brewers..I don't see him wanting Cinci or STL, could he be a pirate:? also... the Girardi chatter, thoughts?

Last edited:
https://www.12up.com/posts/6202333-...oLm5ldCIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogImJ1WjNqRSJ9

I heard that Kershaw was thinking about going free agency in Dec.

I'm sure he was thinking about it heading into game 7, but I bet if LA wins the WS, he ends his career as a Dodger.

I am somewhat skeptical of the Girardi buzz. I mean, I *think* he had an ok relationship with the NYY player's, but is old school the direction Theo want's to take? When I thought Girardi was a lock for STL I was confused tho, as he would have been the same type of Manager Metheny was. This all *could* be about the White Sox too. Someone reached out to him though as he was literally in the middle of talks and removed himself, so that is food for thought.

On the NYY line of thought, Sonny Gray will be dealt for sure. I had wanted him before the Yankee's got him, but yikes , what an awful season he had. However, change of venue has worked for many a player. I can see MKE going after him, definitely. They would love Keuchel, I'm sure, if for no other reason than he trolled the Cub's, lol. Will be interesting to see what club's put their $$$ where.

Last edited:
Deb &Bill posting about Kershaw reminded me~

2 years ago tonight....Hendo's pitching led the Cubs first pennant since 1945. 27 glorious outs from the Professor, doing his best silent assassin ended the Dodger's and Kershaw's bid for the WS. I was at Smoke Show on Clark (Aurelios now)..and Robin texted me that Schwarb's was sent to fall ball. Fans flooded into the streets of Wrigleyville, bars were hoppin'..What a NIGHT!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I’m having conflicting feelings about next year... so far. A lot of closure and positive vibes from here (Fin should really have a blog or podcast) and the many podcasts out there (Ivy Envy, Wrigleyville Nation, etc). If I’m letting my concerns have voice: feeling like there’s going to be stress b/n front office and Joe and the team vibe.

Maddon’s "Don't ever permit the pressure to exceed the pleasure" in a collision course with Theo’s presser “It’s not about potential anymore, it’s about production”.

If we sputter out of the gate, I sense a tense 2019 with an unknown Maddon future and players being stressed out. Hoping for a great start and positive vibes the whole way.

I’m having conflicting feelings about next year... so far. A lot of closure and positive vibes from here (Fin should really have a blog or podcast) and the many podcasts out there (Ivy Envy, Wrigleyville Nation, etc). If I’m letting my concerns have voice: feeling like there’s going to be stress b/n front office and Joe and the team vibe.

Maddon’s "Don't ever permit the pressure to exceed the pleasure" in a collision course with Theo’s presser “It’s not about potential anymore, it’s about production”.

If we sputter out of the gate, I sense a tense 2019 with an unknown Maddon future and players being stressed out. Hoping for a great start and positive vibes the whole way.
I think the expectations are going to be handled or expressed in a constructive way. No kid gloves needed as they aren't rookies anymore. Matter of fact, just like teens, the tough love will probably be appreciated even tho some may not want to admit it. The early exit this year is a first for many on the team & I don't think they liked it very much. Watching 2 different teams celebrate on your field b2b is a he%# of a motivator. Remember them watching the Mets celebrate in '15? I'd say they were motivated in '16, lol. Joe may be all hippy at the mic/media but I have no doubt he gets his point across behind the scenes and calls out any player not working hard. I think the players really appreciate that Joe respects their individuality, both skill and human sides. Theo sees that & knows how valuable a connection like that is. Theo also knows Joe was a wizard at getting the team to 95 W's in the shape they were in. Let's face it, Darvish and Chatwood were his picks & Joe had to clean up that mess.The media is going to run with the Girardi story all season long, creating drama & distraction
I can see Joe using that to his advantage..letting everyone focus on chatter while he focuses on W's. I expect a bit better than average start to the season~ Iopoce isn't gonna work instant miracles, could see pitching have some regression, and once Murphy arrived Joe immediately implemented/stayed with a LO batter so I see that as a plan for '19 (LO batter, not keeping Murphy)
but~
Here's the thing~ these guys learned they have what it takes to make it through 43 days of playing, all while trying to protect a Division lead~ but they also learned they never want to do it again. That creates a struggle. Avoiding that struggle *should* be fuel for not losing early in the season BUT...baseball is gonna baseball. Fans are no longer content to go and enjoy the game , they want bragging rights and that will channel pressure. Is that good or bad? Guess we're gonna find out in 155 days lol. Being conflicted is good, Sepo. Means you really care and that's the best kind of fan!
LETS GO CUBS! Division is going to be tougher than ever...talent bigger every year..baseball is the best.
(sorry for the novel)

Last edited:
I watched game 1 last night..winner? Fenway! Dodger's can't read that park too well. Outdoor games bring so much more than domed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter