Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

tenor.gif

https://www.bleachernation.com/2018...-been-doing-some-shady-stuff-this-postseason/
What the what? Too many conspiracies to follow. Basically, Astros send this guy to spy on the other team (Indians, now Red Sox) from great field position?

It seems to me that they could steal signs from other parts of the ballparlk. Still, it's pretty disrespectful to put someone in the opposing dugout or photographer's pit. It makes me really not respect them as a team.

I am curious as to what would occur if this actually proves true. I mean, what's done is done:confused3

ironically, Chris Correa (the Houston Hacker)posted on twitter yesterday

Chris Correa‏ @chriscorrea
Guess who isn’t surprised?

7:56 PM - 16 Oct 2018

refresher for folks here:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/10/04/c...rdinals-scouting-director-exclusive-interview

https://www.bleachernation.com/2018...yee-sign-stealing-soap-opera-is-getting-nuts/

the MLB has responded to the claim against the Astro's (I , for one, am SHOCKED!:eek:)

Dpu99n-UUAAsKWJ.jpg:large

gotcha :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:. Why would any of us think the MLB is going to ever do anything when it may actually matter. Fastest response to an involved matter, EVER by MLB. Guess they didn't want any *blemishes* during the post season
If you believe that the Astros employee was making sure the Red Sox were not stealing signs, I have a lovely bridge to sell you.

Maybe there was more to Yu Darvish in the World Series than was first thought last year. They said the Astros figured out his pitches by studying his pitching (not by stealing his signs).

But I did like seeing that Manny Machado got fined for that leg kick at Aguilar. He's dirty.

Last edited:
Maybe there was more to Yu Darvish in the World Series than was first thought last year. They said the Astros figured out his pitches by studying his pitching (not by stealing his signs).

But I did like seeing that Manny Machado got fined for that leg kick at Aguilar. He's dirty.
He was fined $10K on a salary of $16M. That is the equivalent of $62.50 for someone making $100K. I am guessing there are many schmoes in the stands making less than $100K who paid more than $62.50 for the Machado jerseys they are wearing.

Dirty kick and Aguilar no angel staying on the bag. Both idiots. However MM slides the day before (I just saw highlights tho, didn't watch the game) dirty too. Brewers hit their 3 batters of choice yesterday..moving on. I am NOT a fan of MM, made that clear back during trade rumors but both were far from innocent on that play IMHO.

Dirty kick and Aguilar no angel staying on the bag. Both idiots. However MM slides the day before (I just saw highlights tho, didn't watch the game) dirty too. Brewers hit their 3 batters of choice yesterday..moving on. I am NOT a fan of MM, made that clear back during trade rumors but both were far from innocent on that play IMHO.
I agree with you. Aguilar kept his foot on the base way too long. Machado could have avoided him. They are both at fault.

Congrat's to the Boston Red Sox, ~after 106 regular season win's, they deserve to be going to the World Series in my book.

Astro's will not go B2B and Kuechel forgot to back up his *no hangover*comments with action. Their appearance in the post- season after winning the WS was EXACTLY the same as the Cubs ~ plus, the Cub's having made the playoff's in '15 the year before winning the '16 WS has them as better than the Astro's.

Both he and Hector can eat their word's in their loss tonight.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/c...s-shot-cubs-astros-world-series-blast-rivalry

The Astro's 4-1 series loss, same as the Cub's in '17 landed on a memorable day.
anyone remember what happened a year ago tonight?

Jake pitched his last game as a Cub, helping the Cub's win their only NLCS game in 2017.
Willy hit a monster dinger that almost went over the video board in that game.
Dp14EA0X4AA-Xkb.jpg

Last edited:
I pretty much hate 12Up. They are the TMZ of the sports world so it's no wonder that they quoted TMZ.

I tracked down the source of the material:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/?post_type=cst_article&p=1428183

He says he likes Zo. I wonder which players her knocked heads with.

About Iopoce David says,
“Hopefully, he has better success at this than I did,” said Davis, who stressed no hard feelings with the Cubs. “But regardless of who’s there, certain players there are going to have to make some adjustments, because the game’s changed, and pitchers are pitching them differently. They’re not pitching to launch angles and fly balls and all that anymore. They’re pitching away from that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!