Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I heard on ESPN that Joe Girardi may be in line for the job with the Cards.
probs but lets fire a guy for being too strict and old school to bring in a guy who's strict and old school.:rotfl: Dusty got a call as well.
However...it appears Joe was most likely hired before Matheny was officially fired. The Dex story had to have been the final nail
Joel Sherman‏Verified account @Joelsherman1
Reached out to Girardi about #stlcardinals managing job and he said he is not commenting at this time.

can you imagine if Javy was 100% yesterday? Guess we will see Zo on 2nd(maybe TLS?) today. Had to be that incredible play Friday night. He looked like he had whiplash from his landing

Sahadev Sharma‏Verified account @sahadevsharma
Javy just told us he almost didn't play today. Had a headache earlier and every time he swung in the cage, his body hurt. But he stayed in the lineup since they were playing short-handed (Almora was tending to a family situation, all is well though) and he did what Javy does...

Oh no. Not Dusty! I’ve had a perfectly nice season without him. Although, truth be told, the Nats seem to miss him.

Oh no. Not Dusty! I’ve had a perfectly nice season without him. Although, truth be told, the Nats seem to miss him.
No way they hire Dusty tho....not the STL *culture* :rolleyes: Girardi the same mentality and he will love the $ he has to work with. It was fun seeing the Card's suck ~oh well...challenge accepted!

Thoughts and prayer for AAJ and his family. Placed on the emergency medical leave.
Jesse Rogers‏Verified account @ESPNChiCubs
The Cubs placed Albert Almora Jr on the family medical emergency leave list while calling up David Bote from Triple-A Iowa. He'll play third base on Sunday and bat eighth. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41023721-4 …

Bote called back up. Javy playing again..I imagine Joe would have preferred to rest Javy with the ASG/HRD stuff. Schwarb's getting rest

LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!! LAST GAME OF THE FIRST HALF~AND HAVE THE SERIES W!!!!!!!!

DiKcUUnV4AAc3vz.jpg:large

Last edited:

I wish JD and Len would stop with the "wish" talk during the game. Like "when the Cubs win thus game they'll be 2 games ahead of the Brewers". It always jinxes them.

941504cfe49f163c2ab463ec764b3a30--go-cubs-go-cubs-win.jpg

Happy to return the favor from last year

Some goofy Padre's errors, Javy get's home run thievery again, Willy get's nailed in a Willy style pick off and both teams have HBPRBI. Ump was doing his best Stevie Wonder this game to both sides.

Keeping the Almora's in my thoughts..I know Albert's dad was ill before.

FYI~Thursday's game starting the 5 game series against the Dirty Bird's is a 6pm (central) start

Hoping the ASG is fun, non-draining and the NL gets the W!
Hoping the HRD is also fun, but(selfishly)that Javy and Kyle only get thru round one..reserving their energy for the STL series

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Cub Fan's! All those W's in San Diego were awful pretty!

Brewers collapsing as usual. A 5 game sweep to the lowly Pirates. That's bad folks.
they usually struggle against the Bucco's tho. I am in no way gonna throw shade etc as we have our own 5 game series to deal with and Dex is heating up (even tho Brewer fans talked trash a lot after the Reds swept us)
ETA:That came off rude..posted in a hurry..I just don't want to give karma anything to come back at me with lol

Last edited:
Glad Joe griped about the bad calls. Strop got robbed on plenty of his pitches.

I wish JD and Len would stop with the "wish" talk during the game. Like "when the Cubs win thus game they'll be 2 games ahead of the Brewers". It always jinxes them.

I often think the same thing. I vaguely recall few months ago, or maybe last year, Len defensively tweeting something about superstitions and not believing in jinxes. He must’ve been hearing a lot of the same back then.

ETA here’s something from 2015 (language alert): http://sportsmockery.com/2015/07/cubs-announcer-len-kasper-destroys-fans-who-think-hes-a-jinx/

Last edited:
Apparently, the Cubs have the best record in the NL at the All Star break for the first time since 2008. We were not the best even in 2016. WTG Cubbies!

So I'm in DC this week... it's almost painful being this close to the HRD and All Star game and not having tickets! :sad::sad::sad:

Hoping our guys play well and come back fired up for the second half of the season!!

So I'm in DC this week... it's almost painful being this close to the HRD and All Star game and not having tickets! :sad::sad::sad:

Hoping our guys play well and come back fired up for the second half of the season!!
I went to the All Star Game at Wrigley in 1990. I would recommend that you swing by for the atmosphere even if you don't have tickets.

I went to the All Star Game at Wrigley in 1990. I would recommend that you swing by for the atmosphere even if you don't have tickets.

We've considered doing just that. We're also thinking about going to the Fan Fest tomorrow evening. It's difficult because DH is up here for business and not baseball. We'd prefer it to be baseball though. Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!