Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

what a start by Kyle!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: He LOVES pitching in CA! Giant's pitching just as good tho and who buried the ground ball magnet from the box to Crawford?o_O That was annoying. I was hoping Rizzo was maybe just in a funk but now I am wondering if he is hurt again. The way they brought Caratini up sitting Rizzo the same day was the biggest flag. I am waiting for the DL announcement any day adding into the ASB. You KNOW Rizzo isn't going to want to miss that 5 game series against STL. Probs waiting for KB to get back so he/Happ/Vic can flip at first. Hoping we can keep Bote up as well. Need to get Willy a rest in there too somehow.
As bad as those errors by Rizz were, Javy sleeping on the second one as well. I really think they guys hearts were heavy yesterday, understandably. AAJ almost got us the W, 5 more feet to the right and were up 3-1. Well, get it tonight! Q vs Cueto and the Giants didn't use Barraclough, unfortunately.

ETA: Total goof saying Barraclough on the Giants..had him on the brain from the rumor mill)

Last edited:
KB en route to San Francisco after completing today's rehab game in TN. Sure sounds like he could be in the lineup tomorrow!

Cuteo now starting tomorrow instead of tonight. Holland getting the start for the Giant's.

Have some extra java and hopefully this one doesn't go into extra innings

ok, I read on the Giants site that Cueto was switched to tomorrow:confused3

(no #44 )
11.gif

LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dhxn83tX0AAvIyu.jpg:large

I like Bote and hope he can stay around. Happ seems to be getting better, too. I just get tired of him with the bat sitting on his shoulder when he is at bat. He either walks or strikes out most of the time.

I fell asleep last night at the bottom of the sixth (it was midnight here), but woke up around three and couldn't sleep so I found the final score and brought in the flag.

I stayed up for nearly all the game, but fell asleep at the middle of the 9th. Woke up and the television screen was blue with DirecTV logo floating around. It was 1:15, but I almost saw it all. Today is a day game, so thank you.

I don't think was posted yet, unless I overlooked it. Baez and Schwarber picked for All Star home run hitting contest.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...warber-home-run-derby-20180711-story,amp.html

Schwarber commented :

Gordon Wittenmyer‏ @GDubCub
UPDATED: Baez, Schwarber fill half NL field for Home Run Derby. "It's on the bucket list," said Schwarber. "It'll be fun, especially with Javy in there, too. I know what kind of BP that guy takes."
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also :rotfl2:

Jesse Rogers‏Verified account @ESPNChiCubs
Justin Wilson lowered his ERA below 3.00 tonight. Quietly putting some decent outings together: "It feels good right now. Better than sucking as a Cub, that's for sure."

I just hope both guys don't burn themselves out as we play 5 against STL ..and the first game is literally before the ASB is technically over (to accommodate TV :rolleyes2:mad:)giving less rest . I know the families were less than thrilled when that schedule came out as it prevents them from having enough time to get away for a mini trip away from baseball, etc.

Aaron Judge, Stanton both tanked after winning the HR Derby admitting it hurt their game. I think I remember KB declining it in the past for the same reason.

Bote sent down to make room for KB (Tho I think he is still in CA technically for a few days in case)While it's a bummer as he was pretty fantastic, it means I am wrong about Rizzo which is even better, lol

Can Bote pitch? We can use him instead of Duensing.

sadly I think we just enjoyed the Pony Show for him as trade bait. Possible even Victor too but honestly, the club can't get rid of him unless the trade is another catcher with a reliever. My goof on Barroclaugh was because he is the reliever being rumored about , strongly. I have issues getting the guy except I certainly hope we don't give up way more than he is worth as he is in a bit of a decline (which is normal at his age etc)

I believe in Brian. He was fantastic last year and saved us from many, MANY a poor Wilson outing. He will get it back together.

So happy to be wrong about Rizzo, lol

today's Welcome Back KB!!!!!!!!!!!lineup and THANK YOU BOTE!
Dh1s_LOXcAAzjxj.jpg

Miggy is there!!!!!!!!!!
Dh18V9UUYAAX58F.jpg

you know what makes your day great? Walking in the door, flipping on the TV just as Javy hits a game tying bomb!:woohoo:

2 things:
Rizzo may not be on the DL, but maybe he should. Please don't push an issue making it worse.

JHey would have made the catch on Posey's walk -off hit. It may not have mattered as Rizzo was due up,(and maybe KB was sparing Rizzo going 0-6) but it would have given us another chance. No offense to KB, you could tell he was like, nope, not risking hitting the shoulder into the wall..but our 5xGG would have made that catch.

Starlin Castro still loves the Cubs, lol..he just waked off the W in extra's against the Brewers. We remain 1 1/2 out.

Hoping tomorrow's day off is beneficial and on a bummer note, Matty Szczur was DFA'd. At least the guys can still hang with him and his bat should be available for Rizzo to use:rolleyes1

also, if the rumor is even remotely close to valid on Barroclough, 2 b2b bb tonight in his inning. Moving on. Sure, his name would be cool on the Cubs, lol...but someone just please clone Cishek.

Last edited:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
COG'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy Birch‏Verified account @TommyBirch
Chris Coghlan now 3-4 with a homer tonight after ripping a single up the middle to start the 8th. #Cubs

also, Luke Farrell optioned back to IA. My guess is Duensing is back up (sorry Deb&Bill)

currently 1 game back..need Chatwood to have a good game tomorrow

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Oh, well, maybe Duensing can pitch again.

I'm more worried about Rizzo ~maybe tonight will jump start him as he has hit decent off of Richards in the past. Wonder if Joe will give the LO spot another try? At least these late night games are on the weekend this series. I was a zombie by Wednesday :coffee:

I'm more worried about Rizzo ~maybe tonight will jump start him as he has hit decent off of Richards in the past. Wonder if Joe will give the LO spot another try? :coffee:

When I was at last Sunday's game, both Rizzo and Schwarbs seemed 'off', just didn't seem their usual enthusiastic selves at all. Joe ended up taking them both out later on in the game as well. Hope they're both OK!!

When I was at last Sunday's game, both Rizzo and Schwarbs seemed 'off', just didn't seem their usual enthusiastic selves at all. Joe ended up taking them both out later on in the game as well. Hope they're both OK!!
Rizzo has seemed off for a while. Most of the time he comes up to bat and he grounds out to second baseman. Or flies out. I hope the Home Run Derby isn't too much for Schwarber. I've read that a lot of the players' batting suffers after they do the ASG Home Run Derby. Javy, I have no fears about the Home run Derby or the game. He lives for baseball. You draw a blood sample from him and it has little tiny baseballs in it.

Rizzo has seemed off for a while. Most of the time he comes up to bat and he grounds out to second baseman. Or flies out. I hope the Home Run Derby isn't too much for Schwarber. I've read that a lot of the players' batting suffers after they do the ASG Home Run Derby. Javy, I have no fears about the Home run Derby or the game. He lives for baseball. You draw a blood sample from him and it has little tiny baseballs in it.
He's not taking his walks either..which is leaving a really big gap . He just looks distracted, sad. The loss of Ravizza is a tough one and getting the news on the road not easy. On the HRD, I worry more on the fatigue than the swing getting messed up . Schwarb's has so many swings pent up with all these crap 3rd strike calls robbing him of crushing one..hopefully he will be fine. Both will be like a kid in the candy store tho. We just get away from hitting everything to Crawford and now face Galvis at SS. Hoping some balls get hit in the air.(by us, that is:rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter