Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

proof New York got the call right~Excellent hustle and throw by Willy and Morrow with the tag!
EUXmRt2.jpg

proof New York got the call right~Excellent hustle and throw by Willy and Morrow with the tag!
EUXmRt2.jpg
that was CRAZY! I was watching on the FB stream I follow and the stream ended right after the play where he was declared safe. By the time the stream re-started the review had already been made and he was SAFE!

That was just like Willson's steal at home a few games back. His foot went up and didn't touch the plate until after he was tagged. (at least I think it was Willson). Good play by Willy and Morrow at home plate. Tough noogies, Arenado.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0779859537975844519-4

In this pic...Javy looks all business to me (and dare I say a *little* like Miggy) he's not messing around anymore. (and maybe a little tired, that was a draining game on so many levels)
tHFdefVEv3O915MBbPD600XeziBZCcU4ypkeZyqGTbE.jpg

I still don't get the Ump getting involved:confused3 both were legal in their actions..and if the MLB hadn't implemented this stupid new 6 mound visit rule stuff like this prob doesn't happen.

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-23_12-38-41.png
    upload_2018-4-23_12-38-41.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 1

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0779859537975844519-4

I still don't get the Ump getting involved:confused3 both were legal in their actions..and if the MLB hadn't implemented this stupid new 6 mound visit rule stuff like this prob doesn't happen.

The ump can tell him to move if he feels he’s blocking the runner’s view of the pitcher. Of course we all know he was blocking his view of the catcher. Good for Javy and good for Maddon for supporting him.

I’m excited about the “WS rematch” this week but I wonder what fireworks we’re going to see the following week when the Rockies come for a visit...

The ump can tell him to move if he feels he’s blocking the runner’s view of the pitcher. Of course we all know he was blocking his view of the catcher. Good for Javy and good for Maddon for supporting him.

I’m excited about the “WS rematch” this week but I wonder what fireworks we’re going to see the following week when the Rockies come for a visit...
I know the ump *can* but it was bogus. Even the Rockies announcers were joking that DJ is much taller than Javy so (Javy) isn't doing much by standing in front. Javy also just got snubbed for NL Player of the Week despite these numbers and setting a new Cubs record .480 avg 7 runs 12 hits 3 doubles 1 triple 3 home runs 9 runs batted in .480 OBP 1.040 SLG 1.520 OPS

Javy Baez leads NL with 20 RBI and .712 slugging percentage. His 20 RBI are the most since 1913 by any #Cubs second baseman before May 1

AL gave a co-award to Manchado and Manaea~ could have done the same in the NL.

Last edited:

Also...positive update on Danny Farquhar of the Sox:
DbfZksRV0AAHtDA.jpg

I am staying optimistic that no recent update on KB is good news. I know he was on the flight to Cleveland yesterday.

Maybe Kris should head over to RUSH, too, and check with their neurological team. Danny Farquhar really dodged that bullet. Surviving a aneurysm is amazing.

I know the ump *can* but it was bogus. Even the Rockies announcers were joking that DJ is much taller than Javy so (Javy) isn't doing much by standing in front. Javy also just got snubbed for NL Player of the Week despite these numbers and setting a new Cubs record .480 avg 7 runs 12 hits 3 doubles 1 triple 3 home runs 9 runs batted in .480 OBP 1.040 SLG 1.520 OPS

AL gave a co-award to Manchado and Manaea~ could have done the same in the NL.
Yeah, but Javy blocked the runner at Second. He didn't deserve the tie. /sarc/ We all know better.

I've been watching MLB television much of the day and haven't seen word one about Kris. Did see the report on Danny Farquhar and about the 21 pitches to the batter (at least five times). Saw AAJ fielding twice. They had a whole big bit about the Rockies vs the Padres since they are playing tonight and all the HBP between the two in their last series. Rockies are just bullies or have rotten pitchers (that is part of the problem).

I've been watching MLB television much of the day and haven't seen word one about Kris. Did see the report on Danny Farquhar and about the 21 pitches to the batter (at least five times). Saw AAJ fielding twice. They had a whole big bit about the Rockies vs the Padres since they are playing tonight and all the HBP between the two in their last series. Rockies are just bullies or have rotten pitchers (that is part of the problem).
I know...it is making me nervous. I saw this, but it isn't really anything more than what was already said
http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/new...ad-by-pitch-rockies/9nh315uflrfn1ol7yjhn6mvff

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/kris-bryant-injury-concussion-status-cubs-rockies-mlb-2018/

ETA: Just saw that his dad texted last night that Kris is OK.
7bc060556ee47a47588aaa86bf531ad4.gif

To me, as hard as it will be to have him miss the Cleveland series, I hope he sits.

Last edited:
Cleveland weather report does not look good for tonight and tomorrow ~as in rain a lot longer than 17 minutes. Cubs against the world and Mother Nature this season.

Here is tonight's lineup, back on WS W soil!

670 mentioned that Joe flew in Dickie Thon (I think it was him) to talk with KB. Thon did come back to play but his career was basically over after that HBP...not sure why Joe would choose that guy to talk with KB or if KB asked for him or what, but I trust in the Cubs and know they will move mountains for anything KB needs. Honestly, having JHey there is helpful but it also brings his ordeal back to light. Time for another win it for KB game.

LAST GAME THE CUBS PLAYED HERE WENT PRETTY DECENT~
LET'S GO !!!!!!!!!!(but dang, I wish Zo was playing)

Dbkm6dgU8AAzY5m.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter