Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

="Sepo, post: 58558915, member: 515080"]Morrow. I like him I think.[/QUOTE]
Hope hes OK giving up the #17 lol. Time will tell but staying optimistic.

Was up late last night putting up our Christmas cactus, lol. DS and I decided to make one out of pvc and 10.5 feet later we feel like we have a little AZ in our family room :sunny: It's DH's favorite type so he was pretty happy about it too.(ignore the blue tape on the wall..was marking studs for shelves lol)

getPart

I was too tired to get into any talk on Morrow's health but overall I think he is a pretty decent fit and his contract was certainly better now cost wise than a bit later. He was terrific in the WS, until that last appearance wnd was just completely out of gas. Just hoping we don't see another Wilson bomb happen. If we do, pretty sure the curse is back:scared: Curious on Cobb, still and heard some more Archer chatter but guess we will see. The winter meetings(look familiar?:smickey:) are starting off on a good note so far for the Cubs!
DQu1RJJVoAA4c7Z.jpg

Last edited:
also heard the buzz on Boston being interested in Schwarber...our new lean machine would probably set a new record on the Green Machine.

Hey Doc...my brother and SIL getting ready to be flag holders at the Dolphin's game tonight
giphy.gif
...on the 50 yard line no less!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

apparently Scott Boras has gone over GM's directly to owner's again in his marketing of Jake. Had 750 page binder's made and seems to have a suggested price of $200 Million. Arrietta Cub jerseys prob hit the clearance racks simultaneously, lol. Should be fun to see what he actually does get, but it won't be THAT and be a Cub

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...h-straight-mlb-owners-bypassing-front-offices

guess no result made public yet on Morrow physical :confused3

So...
Did they have a blast?
Did they get someone to film it?
they DID have a blast and I had emailed the Co-ordinator on the sly asking how I can get any photos and he and I chatted and he offered to take picture's of them himself (as the photgraphers are contracted to get the players)and is emailing them to me! Going to surprise them as a gift this Christmas. My brother sent me a few pics from the practice..so fun, cool...very proud moment for us all. My folks would be on cloud 9! Waiting to hear on if there is any video, but thrilled that I will have stills at least. What a terrific guy to do this for me. I owe it to my brother tho, he has formed a great relationship with the PR team there, even tho we are stuck in IL, lol~ and the FIN'S WIN taking Brady and Co down! :woohoo::thumbsup2

Scwarbs was at the Dolphin~ I already love that resort but would have freaked if I was at WDW and saw him! Cubs say he isn't there as a trade...that he came on his own to let them see his progress . Looking AWESOME Kyle!

DQ4LQxzX0AcRnts.jpg

HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY FERGIE!!!!!!!!
images
upload_2017-12-13_8-19-12.jpegupload_2017-12-13_8-23-43.jpeg
images

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-13_8-22-32.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-13_8-22-32.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 2
Wow. Schwarbs looks like an adult! I will actually miss the slightly pudgy boy he was.

I read about Otani's elbow yesterday. I wonder if the American teams knew about the injury before they were bidding for him.

Wow. Schwarbs looks like an adult! I will actually miss the slightly pudgy boy he was.

I read about Otani's elbow yesterday. I wonder if the American teams knew about the injury before they were bidding for him.
just hoping his natural talent at hitting those bombs didn't slim down along with the rest of him, lol.

JHey paying it forward~ donated to the Shiloh Baptist Church and Shiloh- McDonough Community Outreach Center with a new Health and Wellness Center. Our Cubs give back so much..you know JHey wears the #22 to honor his friend who died in a car crash, (much like CJ who lost his friend Will) giving back to the community they grew up in to help others is just another reason JHey rocks!:thumbsup2

Looks like Justin Jr for the Grimm's...the announced they're expecting a boy. upload_2017-12-14_9-19-21.jpeg

Meanwhile the Cubs announce their 3rd pick up.. RHP reliever Steve Cishek. Has had some issues recently but was the closer for the Marlin's. Prob our Hector replacement. Lets see if this guy can get rid of the Cardinal's like Hector did.

ETA: Just saw Piscotty going to Oakland~..I won't miss him, lol. I just mentioned above about Hector striking Piscotty out to clinch the ' 15 NLDS ~Made history!
Time to deal with Ozuna lol. Piscotty's mom suffer's from ALS and this trade allows him to be closer to her tho, which is awesome. Maybe the Cardinal's have a heart after all .

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/as-reportedly-acquire-of-stephen-piscotty/c-263428014

I have not seen any Cobb news , anyone else?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter