Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I just got home about 30 minutes ago and am winding down from my drive home. I can't sleep right away when I get home :(.

Tonight's game was good. Contreras let Hammel get a little out of control in the 3rd and didn't go to the mound and help him refocus. Literally, a rookie mistake. That 3rd inning cost us the game. You could see his demeanor change when Concepcion came in to pitch. There was suddenly an ease about him and he looked totally comfortable. I assume they worked together in Iowa since he clapped Concepcion on the back when the inning was over. BTW, Concepcion looks like the REAL DEAL to me. He smoked them.
He throws bullets which is huge. I love Miggy, but we HAVE to get guys out on the steal at 2nd. Yes, Contreras and Concepcion were paired in Iowa, good eye as always, Robin! Conception will settle in nicely. A little chill is needed, but I still say that about Javy, lol. Pretty sure Joe is testing the waters now for fall. Not sure how I feel about Warren being our 6th. I am trying to remain positive but really can't get a read on how dependable he will be. Addie was incredible AGAIN last night. With trades coming up, it is going to be brutal to see some of our top talent go but we need the pitching. I figure we better enjoy AAJ while we can, seems like trade bait unfortunately. Many calling for Miggy , but I can see Cog's on the line again (noooooo!) Many will want Russell or Baez~ Joe loves BOTH those guys so guess we will see what Theo proposes. The guys upstairs will get it done. I am just happy that we have a decent pool to pick from to being up..remember the years where it only went from bad to worse? Double PlHeyward's name has been tossed out by the masses~or at least , for now until he hits his usual second half stride~move him back in the line-up. just can't keep erasing the lead off runner this much. If I didn't know better, I would have said he threw the game for his old team last night. Well, while it stinks big time to lose the series to the stinkin' Card's, VERY happy we have the current cushion we have. Today probably going to be rained out, (but I really, REALLY hope not!) so need to shake off the loss. We will see how the new kids accomplish that. How weird is it that AAJ is like a veteran alreadydue to all the newguys brought up in this last week? lol

maybe today's game SHOULD have been rained out, lol. Wow~I don't think anyone expected a sweep by the Card's, but hats off to them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned over Rizzo's back issues again, injuries ~leave the Cubs alone! We have enough, thank you!

Joe keeping the creativity going...thought we were going to get the W ..Strop giving up the 2 runs was rough but it sure was an exciting 9th and we almost pulled it off! Hoping our injured guys are back soon...

KRIS BRYANT~3 HOMERS, 2 DOUBLES, PLAYED 3 POSITIONS!
Congrat's Kris..FIRST PLAYER in baseball to do this! HOLY COW!!!
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
What a player, what a guy, WHAT A TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Cubs win!

I'm at WDW now and my pocket vibrated from Team Stream notifications all night.
lol...bet you didn't mind ! Hope you are having a blast at WDW, GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Maybe here are some Cubs shirts being worn in the parks, lol)

late game....into the 14th inning but Zobie Wan Kenobi just made a leaping grab/double play ...WOW! Saved us BIG time!

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubs up 3-2 top of the 15th...just about every player has been used/swapped/juggled~Pitchers flip-flopping from the mound to left, back to the mound, WHAT A FUN GAME! GRAND SLAM JAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cubs up 7-2! Let's wrap this up boys~ you play again at noon tomorrow! Pedro Strop is in left field, lol....Joe is Houdini again this game

13533090_1143066562383034_198025346759948312_n.jpg
#50!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cubs 7-2

Last edited:
well~not sure how I feel about the Chapman acquisition~I have always admired my Cub's organization as maintaining class and integrity, and feel that has been a bit compromised. When all interviews are focused on Chapman's baggage vs skill, and concern's are on how he will fit in with the team the concerns are real. Joe is gonna have his work cut out for him. I have a bad juju vibe and sure enough, KB some bad luck on the slide last night (hoping he was just shook up and no neck/back issue) Riz not himself 'till late, Szczur mishandling routine play that could have prevented last night's loss...just little sign's to me. Theo's contract ends soon and no word on his talks yet (obviously that comes after player deadlines) sigh...was really hoping whoever we acquired would have been less costly (tho I think Warren will be happy to be back in NY) and far less overshadowed. Guess tonight will tell a little as I believe Chapman is slotted to close if needed.
That said...

Cub's still have best record in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good!!!!

images

I'm not happy with Chapman. He's a great pitcher and all, but I don't like him because of his personal life and the domestic violence incident in October.

I'm not happy with Chapman. He's a great pitcher and all, but I don't like him because of his personal life and the domestic violence incident in October.
I guess if I have to come up with one half full view, we don't have to possibly face him in whomever he would have been traded to come October. I , for one, don't need a repeat of the Red's game a couple of season's ago, pretty sure Rizzo and Cog's don't want it either.

Holy cow! CUBS WIN! That was one of the strangest games I have even seen. I had tickets to the game but they moved it to a night game and my DH flies out very early in the AM so I sold the tickets. I felt sorry for the people I sold them to for the first 3 innings ... but now I'm jealous! Between that a-mazing catch by Travis Wood in the outfield to Lester's a-mazing bunt and Heyward's even more a-mazing jump on the ball to score the winning run. Maddon had magic tonight!

The ESPN talking heads interviewed Maddon after the game and asked him why he put Lester in to hit and he said, "Because he can do *that*." Very matter of fact.

59B33F7E-CE11-4F57-96D0-0C036DBE9560_zpsyeeww6uw.jpg

I tried to find this thread last night but couldn't seem to locate it....

WHAT A GAME!!!!

I hope we all learned to never quit. Wow.

Robin, I'm so sorry you missed the game but what a night I'm sure your friends had!

Everyone have a great Monday...and fly the W!!

Kristen

Heard Matusz was POSSIBLY released...ok by me. We acquired RHP Joe Smith from the Angels. Grimm will be eligible to return in 9 days and Cahill still on the DL, Patton was brought back up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter