Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I was looking for something to watch last night and I came upon the Cards/Angels game at Busch Stadium. The Cards were losing 2-0 so I tuned in for a while. I watched a couple of innings. Bases were full of Angels in the bottom of the 9th and Albert Pujols came up to pinch hit. It’s been 8 years since he left the Cards and this weekend was the first time he’s been back to play. The blast of love and adoration that came from the crowd was amazing! They all stood and started chanting ‘Albert! Albert!’. Then, he got out and took his final curtain call at Busch Stadium.

I have to admit, I misted up a bit.

I always liked Pujols. He was roundly boo’d at Wrigley and satired on tee shirts outside the park. I boo players (even a certain Cub this season) but I don’t boo them because they are good. I’ve always thought that motivates them! The last thing I want is a good player to do better because I’m booing him! If I like a player, I like them no matter which team they play on. I still love Dex and clap for him when he comes up to bat at Wrigley. The same goes if I don’t like a player. I never liked Daniel Murphy so I never cheered for him even when he was a Cub.

It filled my baseball heart with joy to see Albert Pujols showered with such love and affection by the Cardinals fans and former teammates. I have always admired Cards fans for their knowledge and passion for the game. This just solidified it for me. What a class act all around. It sure makes me wonder whose jersey he’s going to wear in the HOF.

I was looking for something to watch last night and I came upon the Cards/Angels game at Busch Stadium. The Cards were losing 2-0 so I tuned in for a while. I watched a couple of innings. Bases were full of Angels in the bottom of the 9th and Albert Pujols came up to pinch hit. It’s been 8 years since he left the Cards and this weekend was the first time he’s been back to play. The blast of love and adoration that came from the crowd was amazing! They all stood and started chanting ‘Albert! Albert!’. Then, he got out and took his final curtain call at Busch Stadium.

I have to admit, I misted up a bit.

I always liked Pujols. He was roundly boo’d at Wrigley and satired on tee shirts outside the park. I boo players (even a certain Cub this season) but I don’t boo them because they are good. I’ve always thought that motivates them! The last thing I want is a good player to do better because I’m booing him! If I like a player, I like them no matter which team they play on. I still love Dex and clap for him when he comes up to bat at Wrigley. The same goes if I don’t like a player. I never liked Daniel Murphy so I never cheered for him even when he was a Cub.

It filled my baseball heart with joy to see Albert Pujols showered with such love and affection by the Cardinals fans and former teammates. I have always admired Cards fans for their knowledge and passion for the game. This just solidified it for me. What a class act all around. It sure makes me wonder whose jersey he’s going to wear in the HOF.
Wouldn’t it have been nice for Miggy to get the same response? I’m still disgusted with *fans* for treating him they way they did when he returned with the BlueJays..and was thrilled when he drilled one out of the park . How quickly his history changing Grand Slam to obtain the pennant was forgotten. His game 7 RBI that ended up being the game winning run...the physical sacrifice of injection after injection into his back so he could continue being valuable. All because he spoke a truth that Jake suppported.🙄

Wouldn’t it have been nice for Miggy to get the same response? I’m still disgusted with *fans* for treating him they way they did when he returned with the BlueJays..and was thrilled when he drilled one out of the park . How quickly his history changing Grand Slam to obtain the pennant was forgotten. His game 7 RBI that ended up being the game winning run...the physical sacrifice of injection after injection into his back so he could continue being valuable. All because he spoke a truth that Jake suppported.🙄
I didn't see that game, so I don't remember how Miggy was treated when he came back. Did the fans boo? I think there is a vast difference between a player leaving the team (like Jakey) and a player being fired. Miggy was, for all intents and purposes, fired. You can argue that he didn't deserve to be fired, but that's what happened. You don't get a hero's welcome when the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

I didn't see that game, so I don't remember how Miggy was treated when he came back. Did the fans boo? I think there is a vast difference between a player leaving the team (like Jakey) and a player being fired. Miggy was, for all intents and purposes, fired. You can argue that he didn't deserve to be fired, but that's what happened. You don't get a hero's welcome when the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
Was boo’d mercilessly and as far as getting DFA’d ~one of the rashest decision Theo has ever done. I disagree...fans booing a player that without there is no trophy..are ungrateful and should just not cheer. Booing was uncalled for.

Was boo’d mercilessly and as far as getting DFA’d ~one of the rashest decision Theo has ever done. I disagree...fans booing a player that without there is no trophy..are ungrateful and should just not cheer. Booing was uncalled for.
I'm not saying that he deserved to be boo'd. He didn't. But, he also didn't deserve a hero's welcome like Cards fans gave to Pujols.

Javy's HR was pretty awesome. He took two monserous swings for the fences. After the second one I said to my DH, "If he swings like that with contact, it'll be gone." Then ... BOOM! Oppo field home run number 100!

64956698_2618851701458714_4695619811219079168_n.jpg

I'm not saying that he deserved to be boo'd. He didn't. But, he also didn't deserve a hero's welcome like Cards fans gave to Pujols.
That’s true, you did not. On other good news concerning STL, looks like their 104mph closer Hicks, is headed to the IL,right as they are heating up. Hate to see it:rolleyes1

Last edited:
Woah...just saw Hick’s injury is a torn ACL..I mean, I hate the Dirtybird’s but that’s brutal for that kid. On the other hand, REALLY glad we beat them to Kimbrel

Woah...just saw Hick’s injury is a torn ACL..I mean, I hate the Dirtybird’s but that’s brutal for that kid. On the other hand, REALLY glad we beat them to Kimbrel
Ugh. My DD tore her ACL and I don't wish that on anyone.

I just tuned in to the game. What did I miss? Why are we wearing blue tops at home? It’s been like 10 yrs since we did that, right?

I just tuned in to the game. What did I miss? Why are we wearing blue tops at home? It’s been like 10 yrs since we did that, right?
I was wondering the same. Maybe the clean shirts didn't come back from the laundry.

If you are voting for All Star Game, voting for starters starts tomorrow at 12 moon EST until Thursday 4pm EST. Vote for Tommy to start at 2nd in the AL, too.

Just decided to go with it. Was pretty cool to see the #73 in blue for the first time, at Wrigley and not on the road!

Well, with Darvish on the bump tomorrow, no Willy so not sure who’s gonna provide the offense,, lol. Speaking of Darvish, hey Robin, I think you need to go and wield your good luck tomorrow so the guy can FINALLY get a W

Sad news. From Yahoo Sports
A 2-year-old child who was hit by a foul ball at a Houston Astros game suffered a skull fracture, bleeding, brain contusions and brain edema, according to the Houston Chronicle.

The child was hit during a May 29 game against the Chicago Cubs. In the fourth inning of that game, Cubs outfielder Albert Almora Jr. hit a foul ball that struck the child, who was sitting in her grandfather’s lap.

The child’s family has retained an attorney to speak with the Astros about the incident. The family has not filed a lawsuit against the team yet, but decided to retain an attorney to communicate with the club.

In the wake of the incident, the Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Texas Rangers and Washington Nationals all agreed to extend netting in their ballparks.

The Astros have been asked about doing the same. They are looking into that issue but have no plans to extend netting in 2019.

The child is still experiencing seizures and abnormal electroencephalogram (EEG) readings weeks after the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter