Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Oh, no! I'm in the same spot with one of my dogs, and may have to cancel my WDW trip scheduled for 2 weeks away. I'm demanding a neuro consult tomorrow. I hope your pup recovers... :worried:
Hope you get good news with your dog. Mine is old with heart and lung problems. Then she developed something like Wobblers Syndrome and has difficulty walking. We thought it was a stroke and our vet wasn't sure she was going to last much longer. He was really happy to see her last week doing better. He upped her prednisone and Lasix and both seem to help along with her heart meds. But I'm sure her end isn't too far away. But she eats like a horse, so that's a good sign.

Hope you get good news with your dog. Mine is old with heart and lung problems. Then she developed something like Wobblers Syndrome and has difficulty walking. We thought it was a stroke and our vet wasn't sure she was going to last much longer. He was really happy to see her last week doing better. He upped her prednisone and Lasix and both seem to help along with her heart meds. But I'm sure her end isn't too far away. But she eats like a horse, so that's a good sign.

It's so hard to seem them not doing well. Wishing you and your dog all the best. Mine just turned 12 and appears to possibly have a low back disc herniation or similar problem. His gait is wobbling in the morning after he goes out and he lies down after struggling to walk. Is much better as the day goes on. He has stopped eating, except when I feed him by hand the last 2 days. Going to ask for a referral to the Univ. of WI Clinic. It's not close but they are tops.

Unfortunately, we won't get to go. Our dog isn't doing well and we both have some medical appointments. So scratch this year. Next year for sure.
Awww so hard when a pet isn’t doing well. Hope your appointments go ok. I’m sure the Cubs were insanely disappointed to fly away from the snow storm to Miami:rotfl:

So the Marlins lost in extras last night..14 innings and used up their pen. Cubs had an extra day off. If they/Darvish can’t take advantage of this and get a W tonight...I may start to become frustrated, lol. I’m having flashbacks of Q giving up 6 in the series there last March...

upload_2019-4-15_16-30-46.png

Not an amazing outing but gradually better. Didn’t have his best stuff but battled nonetheless. Yu got out of a few jams including the 5th and got several batters nicely after falling behind.

Velocity was decent at the end. Not sure if he was standing up for his teammates with that last ricochet after Bryant got hit twice and then Contreras, but if so, I’m not complaining (not that I’m a huge fan of that).

Hitting was good off a pitcher who apparently had a strong previous outing.

Really hope we keep it rolling.

Well, we decided while watching last night's game that we would try boarding our two dogs with the vet for one night to see how our one dog does. And we got tickets online to tonight's game. 1st base line opposite 1st base row 7 (but not the first couple of rows since they are lettered, not numbered). So decent seats, similar to where we sat last year. We'll head to Miami around 3, drop off the two dogs and drive home after the game. Just hope it doesn't go 18 innings like last year. We'll pick up the two dogs tomorrow morning around 9 or 10 and see how Sadie did for the night. The Cubs version of the game was blacked out on Extra Innings and we had to watch the Miami version, not too bad, but we missed all the fan action since they only show the Marlin fans. I felt sorry for Lewis Brinson of the Marlins last night. Hope he didn't have to spend the night with a bag of ice between his legs. Ouch.

Well, we decided while watching last night's game that we would try boarding our two dogs with the vet for one night to see how our one dog does. And we got tickets online to tonight's game. 1st base line opposite 1st base row 7 (but not the first couple of rows since they are lettered, not numbered). So decent seats, similar to where we sat last year. We'll head to Miami around 3, drop off the two dogs and drive home after the game. Just hope it doesn't go 18 innings like last year. We'll pick up the two dogs tomorrow morning around 9 or 10 and see how Sadie did for the night. The Cubs version of the game was blacked out on Extra Innings and we had to watch the Miami version, not too bad, but we missed all the fan action since they only show the Marlin fans. I felt sorry for Lewis Brinson of the Marlins last night. Hope he didn't have to spend the night with a bag of ice between his legs. Ouch.
Hoping the pooches are fine and you have fun and get the W!

Interesting update from the Marlins

https://www.bleachernation.com/2019...ising-roster-moves-before-tonights-cubs-game/

Maybe one or both Mesa brothers?

Let’s get the train rolling......wonder if the Marlins will pitch to Riz or JHey tonight ..I mean, STL was stupid enough to keep pitching to Yellich last night and it cost them the game, lol

upload_2019-4-16_15-3-58.png

Have a great time at the game! Hoping your pups both do well at the vet. Add me to the “geriatric dog club.” It’s hard watching them get old!

Cheer loudly for all us fans watching on the tv!

The relief of getting a series against a team you should have no problem beating. Thrilled Q had a solid game, and Javy Mercy what a bomb! AAJ has covered some massive real estate this series, Happy Birthday Albert!

upload_2019-4-16_21-33-12.jpeg

Hope your pups did well overnight, and that you enjoyed the game!

Thanks everyone for your caring! My dog is now on strict crate rest for 4 weeks, with only outdoor bathroom breaks, and medications. If no better after that, an MRI, etc. I will weigh the benefits of that at that time. The Univ. vets set to go ahead and keep my trip plans and that he should be OK being boarded with the strict treatment plan, and I met with the boarding facility to confirm they understand the plan. They know my dogs, so I will give it a try. If he doesn't do well, I will fly back home or have him hospitalized at the clinic next door to the facility. He is doing better now, though, on crate rest and meds....appears bored. Maybe I will see if he wants to play cards or dognopoly!

GO CUBS!!! Great Miami sweep, now go get a bigger one!

We had a wonderful time at the game. And since it was over right at 10 PM, we got home a little after midnight. When we picked up the dogs around 9AM, we asked the lady who takes care of the boarding area how Sadie did and she said she did very good. She needed help getting up once or twice, but otherwise, she was great. Made me feel better about boarding her. On the way home from Miami, we were contemplating doing it again on Wed, but I had a medical test on Wed afternoon, so that was a no go. I really like the Miami Stadium, better than Tampa. They just changed out all the food at Miami and they have a lot of Cuban influence food, but they have really great corn dogs. We'd like to go back to another game later on this year, maybe an afternoon game, just so we can load up on corn dogs. Plus we met the nicest people at the game. Two guys sitting next to us were Miami fans with 40 game package tickets. They like the first base line because you can see the game better there (more action on this side). They were also a bit surprised when we would cheer for Lewis Brinson or Brian Anderson. Hey, we are Cub fans through and through, but also cheer the local teams, whether we're in Houston or Marco or anywhere.

Freaking Pat Hughes had to start babbling about how many years it was since the Cubs put together 3 shut-outs in a row (sometime in the 1990's) at the end of the 8th inning and how long it was since another team scored a run on them (it was Monday) in the 9th inning. Then, Brach gives up 3 hits and a run. Thanks Pat.

Freaking Pat Hughes had to start babbling about how many years it was since the Cubs put together 3 shut-outs in a row (sometime in the 1990's) at the end of the 8th inning and how long it was since another team scored a run on them (it was Monday) in the 9th inning. Then, Brach gives up 3 hits and a run. Thanks Pat.
Len does that all the time, too. Every time he does, I scream at the television to just shut up. We all know stuff like that and if we don't they can tell us after the game is over.

Hoppy Easter/Passover/Holiday weekend everyone!

Just when we were starting to enjoy getting back on track, Cubs announce(what we all knew anyway) that Morrow is out until basically July..which really means, it was nice while it lasted.

I was hoping the Cubs were going to get Swihart so Willy isn’t overused, but AZ grabbed him. Now Pedro has no back up and CJ, well....after his IL stint in Iowa, please let him get things figured out.

Lester looking good after his sim game today tho!

LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!!
upload_2019-4-20_12-40-48.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!