Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Today's lineup...I like it :thumbsup2

The weather may mess with the game time and I bet Rizzo ain't gonna be happy about a delayed game as Coldplay is in concert tonight across town and preeeeettttttttyyy sure he's going, lol.

LET'S GET THE SERIES!! GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!

DHcFiZvVoAE4Jwp.jpg:large

I just realized I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary, Fin! Congratulations!
I didn't forget...I didn't know

Happy anniversary to you and DH.!!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

We need an emoji of the pitchers dancing in the bulllpen.

same here, headed back to CO for our 25th,(honeymooned in Estes Park) but 31 is one of those "how many years?" things.
Okay, it really is getting kinda scary that we're not brother and sister given the number of similarities.
Me and DW celebrated 31 earlier this year.

Lol yeah we were like..lets get hitched on the Anniversary of Elvis' passing..and it is also our Best Man's birthday. We always tease him no one else has ever given him an open bar for his birthday

well....the Cubs gave their own Air Show today which was un-freakin-believable...only to have the bullpen crash and burn. So glad I DVR'd so I can see those home runs! Hoping Lester's back is not anything bad and that Rizzo is ok. Pat & Ron said he did not look right. I guess I am a Bucco's fan tonight and HUGE CO fan tomorrow.

The great thing about being a Cubs fans is how we experience every emotion all in one game!!

:crazy2::love::headache::worship::scared::smooth::rolleyes2:lmao::confused3:cool1::faint:

You can't say they didn't try!

I find irony in the August Bday loss streak ending on Grimm's bday yesterday, only to have him give up the go-ahead runs today on Victor's Bday.

Update on Lester, not so good
Lester was taken for tests Thursday night, and the Cubs likely will put him on the disabled list Friday. The Cubs don't believe the injury is serious enough to cost him more than a couple of starts but are likely to be cautious with Lester to ensure he will be available in October if they make the playoffs.

New series, new day, new lineup. Lester was livid over defense , pretty sure defense was not too thrilled with Lester's pitching, but I'll take that all day everyday over an injury. Let's start over! Kinda wish Zobie / Happ were switched as I think Zobie is better at 2nd. Maybe kinda "resting" Zobie? Anyone else missing Travis Wood these days? Lets go Jake, I think your shoulder's will be doing the carrying today
images
images
images

DHhO10IXkAAYifk.jpg:large

So I guess the Cubs are taking one form the Dodger's playbook and DL'ing pitcher's. Lester gets 10 day for "shoulder fatigue and lat tightness" while Grimm gets "finger infection". Little August vaca, me thinks. Rob Z. and Pena up from Iowa.

ETA: Just read that Theo said "Lester needs a breather"~ and Willy played some catch! Still no return on Addie.

Last edited:
images

OH MY JAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are no words~
javy-baez-relieved.jpg

I was supposed to be at today's game, SO BUMMED I had to do real life instead!

What a game, absolutely beautiful weather, Blue Angels flying, solid baseball with some Javy magic .

Now~the *fans* booing Miggy? Hop off band wagon bum's. Show respect and be grateful for all he did as a Cub

When did they boo Miggy?? I'm sorry to hear that.
His first at bat was the worst, then smatterings after. Part of me wanted him to hit a bomb just to wreck their day but know they would just rag on him more the rest of the day. Miggy was all class tho and commented on Twitter no issues, he loves Chicago. MANY Toronto fans were too, saying how amazing Wrigley is and the City, weather AND treat of the air show on top of it? What a weekend to be here. Glad they are enjoying it, and the stands sure are packed with Toronto fan's. Not going to say 50/50 but probably 40% yesterday. Today is going to be stellar weather-wise. However, Q is a fast ball pitcher and the Blue Jays rocks those so the bleachers may be seeing some action.
Speaking of the A&WS...Rossy is jumping at 10 a.m to alnd on the beach for the start of the show....thankfully tandem!
DHmHaf7V0AIGgqd.jpg

His first at bat was the worst, then smatterings after. Part of me wanted him to hit a bomb just to wreck their day but know they would just rag on him more the rest of the day. Miggy was all class tho and commented on Twitter no issues, he loves Chicago. MANY Toronto fans were too, saying how amazing Wrigley is and the City, weather AND treat of the air show on top of it? What a weekend to be here. Glad they are enjoying it, and the stands sure are packed with Toronto fan's. Not going to say 50/50 but probably 40% yesterday.

I saw Miggy's twitter response and have read a little more since my question so I kind filled in the pieces. I get that he ran his mouth a bit but sheesh let bygones be bygones. I firmly believe they wouldn't be sporting those WS wins without him so can we show a little thankfulness??

Regarding the crowd size...when I was listening to the game I had a hard time distinguishing whether it was the Cubs fans or the Jays fans cheering. So I think your estimate is pretty close.

Is the air show always this weekend? Seems like it would be a great time to take in a game at Wrigley. But I suppose you could argue that ANYtime is a good time for a game there. :love:

Todays lineup~

LET'S GO CUBBIE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
552d2583a4eb60da1ed877c7b1e46198.jpg
upload_2017-8-19_10-22-29.jpegupload_2017-8-19_10-22-42.jpeg
images

while the Brewer's lost, STL somehow hung on and won by 1 last night.

DHmZjAsXoAAfZgZ.jpg:large

I saw Miggy's twitter response and have read a little more since my question so I kind filled in the pieces. I get that he ran his mouth a bit but sheesh let bygones be bygones. I firmly believe they wouldn't be sporting those WS wins without him so can we show a little thankfulness??

Regarding the crowd size...when I was listening to the game I had a hard time distinguishing whether it was the Cubs fans or the Jays fans cheering. So I think your estimate is pretty close.

Is the air show always this weekend? Seems like it would be a great time to take in a game at Wrigley. But I suppose you could argue that ANYtime is a good time for a game there. :love:
Usually 2nd or 3rd weekend of August. However, Blue Angels are a treat, and we the F-22 is also to appear. Our plans changed and now just trying to squeak in the Air Show tomorrow, will have Pat & Ron in my ear. Crowds will be huge and combined with Cub fan's? We will be on the EARLY train, and they add one's for stuff like this. I'll take a player venting all day, every day if they also contributed the way Miggy did,

Rossy landed safely~ I was able to watch a live feed, so cool. Also reports they are hoping he can parachute into Wrigley before the game today or tomorrow
DHmi0paXYAAYBKW.jpg

From Rossy's twitter...NOPE! LOL
DHmvnsAXoAAW48q.jpg

Last edited:
Cubs just claimed catcher Rene Rivera off waivers from the Mets.I had no doubt we were getting another catcher, and hopefully bullpen? He's going to have to give up his#44. Should be up by the Cinci series.

20140502_ajl_ah2_371.jpg.0.jpg

Granderson also went to the Dodger's...guess they wanted a lefty with some play-off/WS experience

Last edited:
Heading to the Air Show....late :headache: guess we will just hit the pier instead of the beach :rotfl2:

upload_2017-8-20_7-40-29.jpegupload_2017-8-20_7-40-57.jpeg
images

The Professor's holding class today
upload_2017-8-20_7-45-47.jpeg
images
images

It's a beautiful day for a ballgame~GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter