Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

It's all over guys. Cardinals are winning the Central! Theo is going to have think long and hard about the team going forward and who needs to go and who needs to stay. We've got some really bad players on the team right now.

And for the life of me, I can't figure out how a guy like Corbin with a 4.5 ERA shuts down this team? This happens WAY TOO OFTEN and is becoming a really serious problem. Theo are you watching this?

so I don't think we should play August games on days the players have birthdays anymore, lol. Wow..that final strike call? Has to go in the top ten of You Gotta Be Kidding Me. Catcher's glove in the dirt~STRIKE 3!

Schwarb's and Happ were the indoor A/C providing the wind flow with their swings. Corbin, apparently prefers to pitch at home. He looked nothing like he did 2 weeks ago. That shot by Riz to the warning track, every Cub fan in the park was willing that thing to get out. KB...doing the Willy and is now carrying the team. Jay off the bench again to try and save us. At least we denied Rodney the bow and arrow pose. Well...STL tied with us for first and tech ahead as they have played more games. Brewers also won in extras. Bryce Harper suffered a knee injury, and looked pretty awful
DHE5b8nXsAEcni1.jpg

..Dog Days of August are here.
Let's get the series tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Jon Jay is starting..all is right with the Cubs. Rizzo batting clean-up. Tommy earned the start with his off the pine hit, can't hurt right? NO idea how I feel about him playing second, but could be no biggie at all. Here's hoping Jake's success continues. I can't see today's game either, but Pat and Ron really make you feel like you can.:thumbsup2

It's a BEAUTIFUL DAY for a ballgame~We're tied at the top and not in sole place of the bottom!!! Let's Go Cubs, get the Series!!!!!

upload_2017-8-13_13-42-42.jpeg
images
upload_2017-8-13_13-47-8.jpeg

DHH3YfHXcAAdqts.jpg:large

images

Javy sent his dinner order to Friday's on that baseball! He takes'a a crap swing and then CRUSHES the next one! Happ, KB bombs for the trifecta. We left 9 RISP, I think...which :scared: but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol....you could hear the AZ fans trying to hush the Cub fans..they send a hissing sound through the loud speakers...you can't silence first place~Only Snake that mattered today was Jake! Not going to gloat on the W, but YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME BACK KB!!!!!!!!!!!!!STL falls, Brewers win but don't gain any ground, Pirate's fall as well.

Oh, and Wegner came out and admitted the last strike call on Zobie was indeed, a ball. What gave it away? The catcher about to throw to the pitcher? The glove in the dirt? Poor Zobie, he has been rung up like that before.

OK, so I intentionally did not post the phrase for a certain, recently acquired LHP from the South Side. Hopefully it helps find the one who pitched against the Orioles on his debut.

Bryce Harper suffered a knee injury, and looked pretty awful

I watched the video and fortunately for Harper and the Nats, it wasn't as bad as it looked. On the other hand, won't know until he comes back and sees how it feels. I have often thought over the years, they could do something to make the bases less dangerous. The rain definitely didn't help.

OK, so I intentionally did not post the phrase for a certain, recently acquired LHP from the South Side. Hopefully it helps find the one who pitched against the Orioles on his debut.
You are being too opaque for me, lol! I have no clue what you're talking about!

see post #2402. It seems when I post it, he does not do well~ as fun as it is to say.

In other news, Miggy just came off the DL and will play a few rehab games. Might not see him play this weekend :(

Good thing you said opaque and not obtuse. :lmao:

She likes to say something about a certain player whose last name starts with a Q and the Spanish word for tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't check this board and think oh crap, I can't pitch worth a darn tomorrow because of fin. :rotfl2:

She likes to say something about a certain player whose last name starts with a Q and the Spanish word for tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't check this board and think oh crap, I can't pitch worth a darn tomorrow because of fin. :rotfl2:
If he does read here it would explain how he hadn't been living up to his hype.

:snooty: You don't know that.....maybe I have been hired to be his JuJu guru :rolleyes1

Here is tonight's lineup~
Tho I have to say I rather enjoyed yesterday's order, and it gave KB some nice RBI's. Hoping Schwarb's has a bit better timing against the rightie's this series. I am also not above walking Votto, a lot.

images

upload_2017-8-14_15-30-27.jpeg
images

LETS OPEN UP THE SERIES WITH A W!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHNwMCFXUAAImBR.jpg:large

b355d06ec6acdfc9a4105bfc8d5d545b.jpg

After a really ugly second, and I mean UGLY...we have some fun.

Q.....I want you to prove me wrong~ I see you hit your stride but the 4th is a little too late, KWIM? You need a *finish them off pitch*, that is all.

Was REALLY pulling for Jay to get the cycle! The Red's walking him was crap and karma came back to bite them for it. It was also a D move by Scooter to bean Happ for Javy pimping his homer. Javy had to be absolutely salivating that at bat.

Bryzzo.....:rotfl2:
images

is it wrong that I was a little happy Zobie was scratched so we could repeat yesterdays lineup? (see my above post)sorry Kewz!

I stand by my request to walk Votto

Please break the cycle of being shut out after a blow out for tomorrows game

bummed Cog's was DFA'd and won't get his ring at Wrigley this weekend, but sounds like Miggy could be playing!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter