Cheyenne or Sequoia Lodge

tmp

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I'm in help of your opinions on whether to stay at Cheyenne or Sequoia Lodge.
DH,our two boys(8 and 6)and I are planning to visit from Wednesday 14th to Sunday 18th January,as we can take advantage of their annual 'kids go free' offer and also '4 nights for the price of 3'.
We went to DLP two years ago and stayed at Cheyenne,which the boys loved.However,I would really like to try a different hotel this time.My main concern is that it will cost an extra £140 for a lakeside room and I need convincing that it will be worth it!
Another problem is that one of my sons wants to stay in Cheyenne again and the other wants Sequoia!DH is not bothered so the final decision is mine!

Any opinions would be very gratefully received!

Thanks

Tina

I would say it depends to a certain extent on how much time you spend in the resort and also on your budget for eating out. Sequoia is a wonderful hotel in winter especially, with the Redwood Bar a real highlight, but the two restaurants there are not cheap. The parks are a much easier walk (unless it is raining!) and the lake view is just gorgeous (unless it is raining!!). Cheyenne can be a bit grim in poor weather, which takes away from the fun theming, I feel, but their food pricing is more family-friendly. Either way, it is a bit of a lottery in January weather-wise, but, if it really is a toss-up, I would probably come down on the side of the Sequoia, especially with the added extra of the great pool.

We stayed at the Sequoia last July on our first visit, with our 4 year old. We chose it as the cheapest hotel with a pool. However the weather was good and when we were back at the Hotel we wanted a rest and to get Jenny to have a nap rather than go swimming, so we only used it once and that was because we felt we should. Obviously in January you'll probably spend more time indoors and so pool would be a good option. We didn't use the restaurants so can't comment. I also agree that the decor of the Sequoia would lend itself very well to 'winter theming' - log fires etc.

Im Goin to the Seqouia with my GF in 2days, stayin for the halloween party (25th-28th) will be giving a full report on the holiday when i get back

2more days to go
2 more days to disney!!!!!!!!!

With kids I'd vote for the one with the pool provided its open after the parks have shut.

We haven't stayed at either- both times choosing Davy Crocket as we're a family of 5. The pool there is great, we'd definately go again. But only accessable by car.

Hi,

I've only ever stayed at Sequoia Lodge and thought it was wonderful. We stayed there in November 2000 (dd's 18th birthday), and it was cold and wet outside. Inside was very cosy and warm with huge log fires. We found the food there very limited - DD is a vegetarian & she had to have a cheese pizza from the children's menu. On the plus side it's not too far to the food outlets at Disney Village. We had plenty of visits from some of the characters too - Chip n Dale spring to mind - both morning and evenings.

I can't think of a more pleasant way of spending a cold winter's evening.

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter