Chernobyl on HBO

One of the best series I've watched. I need to watch it again, as I'm sure there's plenty I missed the first time. The accompanying podcast is excellent as well and I highly recommend it.

We watched it in a weekend, so very sad. Then the following week I listened to all of the podcast episodes. Fascinating in a scary way, and sad and crazy to learn the other reactors continued to run and people continued to live and work nearby.

I read an article somewhere, after I watched the series; it was on one of the intelligent documentary sites. They said that the pregnant lady's husband wasn't radioactive after he was washed; his clothing was but it was left at the site. They also said that she went on to have another child, and at the time of the article was living with that son. I wish I remembered where I read it because it told of the outcome of many of the characters. And, for instance, the lady nuclear physicist was symbolic of dozens of such researchers who worked with the professor/main guy. I had Googled Chernobyl and it popped up.

This is one of the best series that I've ever seen. I saw today that it's been nominated for several Emmies and I hope that it wins some!

I read an article somewhere, after I watched the series; it was on one of the intelligent documentary sites. They said that the pregnant lady's husband wasn't radioactive after he was washed; his clothing was but it was left at the site. They also said that she went on to have another child, and at the time of the article was living with that son. I wish I remembered where I read it because it told of the outcome of many of the characters. And, for instance, the lady nuclear physicist was symbolic of dozens of such researchers who worked with the professor/main guy. I had Googled Chernobyl and it popped up.

They talk about all of this in the podcast.

They talk about all of this in the podcast.
Much of this also is mentioned in the final scenes of the last episode, where they provided sub-titled updates while showing images from the real scene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!