Chefs de France or Skipper's Canteen?

mommycrawford

DIS Veteran
Have never eaten at Skipper's, and has been a while since eating at Chefs, so am not sure which has the better food?

Please give your thoughts.

TIA!:flower3:

I have dined at both and would choose Skipper’s Canteen. I just asked DH & he said the same.
We found the atmosphere there relaxed & fun, and the food was tasty, but different enough to be interesting.
We were w our children, ages 14 & 13.

I was very disappointed by our Skipper's Canteen trip - dry, overcooked food. But maybe we hit a bad night. I agree that the atmosphere is nice and it was great relaxing with a glass of wine and escaping the MK crowds for a bit.:-)

Skipper's is fun but in my opinion the food at Chefs is superior. We eat there every trip. One way to decide is to base it on the park you would rather be in after dinner.

Last edited:

I have been to both and enjoyed both, but the food and the experience are very different. I would go with whichever works better for your park plans. I actually canceled Skipper Canteen for my December trip and booked Chefs because we swapped an MK day for an Epcot day.

We like Skipper's. We've found the food and service to be consistently good. I find the food at Chefs to be overly salty.

I've eaten many times at both....Skipper's hands down!! Skipper has, IMHO, amazing food variety, quality and freshness. Staff is more than accommodating and friendly! Great manager. One of the best kept secrets in MK...so don't tell!

We have eaten at both multiple times.
We have never had a bad meal at Chef de France. It can be crowded and noisy, but the food is always very good.
Skipper Canteen, the first 2 times were amazing. The food was really good and the staff amazing. Loved the corny Jungle Cruise type jokes. Our last time, the food was average and our wait staff was just that. No interaction, no jokes, average at best. Really detracted from the entire experience.

With children, I would definitely recommend Skippers. We were concerned that our children being picky eaters would not like the food, but they loved it. Chefs is definitely better for a more mature palate. I enjoy the food at Chefs but my family does not like it. The atmosphere at Skippers is also more family friendly. Chefs is louder, more crowded with less comfortable seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter