Chefs de France experiences?

The sauces will do it. But there were only a few choices one the prix fix menu- besides salmon were Mac and cheese (dairy) and Boeuf Bourguignon (has a gravy with soy or dairy?), and maybe one more choice. Offering the beef (plain) and salmon seems reasonable.

I get it, because there are some things I can not eat. One of the things I’m allergic to is pork, so that pretty much eliminates breakfast in general- because I can’t take a chance of them cooking my food on a grill that has had bacon or ham on it.

Glad you had a better experience elsewhere. We cook in a lot on vacay and are doing the DP next trip, so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes.
Food allergies are tough! I mostly cook as well. We usually stay at a villa in the Marriott so I do cook a lot on vacation. We stayed in the AK lodge for 5 days after our Marriott week so we needed to eat out. At home we only dine at restaurants where much of the menu is cooked from scratch - not pre prepared. California Grill and nomad lounge were very accommodating as was the quick service in our hotel.

An all inclusive we were just at in Mexico was surprisingly good with allergies. A resort in Atlantic City all but poisoned me 😂 Disney in most cases is great. This particular dinner was so disappointing.

Food allergies are tough! I mostly cook as well. We usually stay at a villa in the Marriott so I do cook a lot on vacation. We stayed in the AK lodge for 5 days after our Marriott week so we needed to eat out. At home we only dine at restaurants where much of the menu is cooked from scratch - not pre prepared. California Grill and nomad lounge were very accommodating as was the quick service in our hotel.

An all inclusive we were just at in Mexico was surprisingly good with allergies. A resort in Atlantic City all but poisoned me 😂 Disney in most cases is great. This particular dinner was so disappointing.
Yep- we always stay in a villa with a kitchen, and when eating out I often get my order plain. Not very interesting, but its better than the alternative (hospital visits are a drag, and not where I want to spend my vacay!!). 8-)

I wonder if the OP ended up with a reservation at Chefs de France though? I am tweeking my reservations for our upcoming trip and I have one day open - I am thinking of trying Wolfgang Pucks place at DS. So many options!

We really love Chefs De France. The beef tenderloin really is amazing! The desserts are not as good as Id hoped. Definitely skip the swan shaped creme puff. It is cute but not tasty!

CDF was my first experience as a solo diner at a TS restaurant and I adored it. Friendly service, great food, didn't feel rushed. At the recommendation of DFB and CM friends, I ordered the Gratin de Macaroni, and it's the best pasta dish I've ever eaten to this day. I'm excited to bring my family there this August and try the Prix Fixe menu!

Add me to the list of Gratin de Macaroni lovers! We have eaten at CDF twice in the past year and both meals were excellent. We actually liked the fact that they don’t seem to rush you through the meal. Our wait time there has been on par with other Disney restaurants (our worst experience was more than an hour past ADR time at Coral Reef) but they didn’t allow is to check in until right at ADR time, instead of the more typical 15 minutes prior. Service was very good, but the servers didn’t interact as much as they do at some restaurants, which we put down to being French and is something we liked. We will definitely will be dining there again.

Great to read a lot of mostly positive reviews! We're eating there for the first time in November, and I can't wait!

I’m going to the Parisian Breakfast so I hope its good.
Don't get anything to do with a crepe or you'll get the old soggy american standard. I always thought that's what crepes were until I went to Paris and oh boy was I surprised! Who knew they were supposed to be a darkish brown and crispy?

My husband and I have gone there the past few times and had very enjoyable experiences. We have both prix fixe and ordering salad, flatbread, entrees, splitting dessert type meals. We usually will get a bottle of wine and split it and try to enjoy the a/c as much as possible especially in the summer/early autumn months when we have gone and relax. I enjoyed the duck last year. It was a little over from where I like it but it was such a nice change of pace from all the steak, salad, fried I had been eating lol. I do also enjoy their onion soup but that thing is hot and almost a meal in itself.

It's been years since we've dined at Chefs de France and on a whim, gave it another try in May. We secured a very last minute lunch ressie mid one morning for 11:30am. We were seated at a lovely table by the window. Service was kind and fairly prompt. I had the salmon which was very simply prepared and outstanding! I also choose the field greens salad which was also very good and very fresh. DH had lobster bisque (yum!) and Beef Bourgogne (double yum!) We are never in a hurry when dining at Disney and I really think this is a key component to having a truly enjoyable meal.

:)

Chefs is a favorite of ours, we honestly have never had a bad meal there in 15 years. We have had slow service on two occasions, however, the restaurant was very full and we were in no hurry.
We always request a table on the glass porch. It is really beautiful out there in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter