Chef Mickey's

Tortellini5

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first trip to WDW with our kids, our son is 4 with Down syndrome and our daughter is 2. We are staying at BLT and want to do character dining on our "pool day". I'm worried chef mickeys will be too loud for our son. Does anyone with experience know if maybe brunch is a little less crowded there than say breakfast or dinner? I'm hoping if we did brunch at like 11:30am or even the later end of brunch about 2, most people will be in the park at that time?
Any thoughts?
He will not wear noise cancelling headphones so that is unfortunately not really an option for us.

I don't think I've ever seen Chef Mickey's when it wasn't a zoo. Have you looked at 1900 Park Place?

I don't think I've ever seen Chef Mickey's when it wasn't a zoo. Have you looked at 1900 Park Place?
Just did thank you :) any idea if that is quieter than crystal palace?
Just for the record I do understand most things will be loud but from what I remember and all the reviews chef mickey's is excessively loud.

What about Tusker House in animal Kingdom? We have done a few times and was no way nea as crazy as Chef mickeys

We’ve gone to Tusker House multiple times and find it yo be pretty loud. My youngest daughter has issues there and actually wears foam in ear plugs there.
If your child won’t wear noise cancelling earphones, you might want to try the foam in ear kinds.
You might also want to try different things for his ears. If you are using noise cancelling ones made for music, they would be heavy and are made to make listening to music easier to hear by ‘canceling out’ the sounds that don’t match the music.
This kind is very popular and effective. 3M Peltor Junior Earmuffs
by Peltor
Link: http://a.co/8o9f1fB

You will see a lot of kids wearing this kind in the parks, often decorated with stickers.

I don't think I've ever been to Chef Mickey's when it wasn't pretty loud. On our last visit we were seated in a back corner along the windows by the kitchen doors. While the location didn't seem ideal at first, it was actually much calmer than being out in the open. I would tell the CM your concerns when you check in for your reservation, so they could try to accommodate your needs.

If you have an Epcot day planned, The Garden Grill is an excellent character experience; you sit down, and the restaurant rotates around above the the Living with The Land attraction below - and you see parts of the ride as you go around! It takes an hour for the complete rotation (which is usually how long it takes for your meal... how handy! :)) and the only really "noisy" part is the dog barking.

It's all you care to eat, but they bring the food to your table, so you don't have the trips back and forth to a buffet.

We love it, and it's on our "must do" list for every trip! You get Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale, and sometimes Minnie too! :) The characters tend to spend lots of time at each table, and if it's not too busy (hint: schedule lunch either early or a bit later at say 1:30) you will see them all come around at least twice! Chip and Dale are often engaged in hijinks with the staff, and Farmer Mickey is just so adorable! :)

Chef Mickey's always seems so loud to me because it's kind of echo-y in the Canyon at CR to begin with, and you have all the noise from Contempo Cafe bouncing around as well.

We are taking our first trip to WDW with our kids, our son is 4 with Down syndrome and our daughter is 2. We are staying at BLT and want to do character dining on our "pool day". I'm worried chef mickeys will be too loud for our son. Does anyone with experience know if maybe brunch is a little less crowded there than say breakfast or dinner? I'm hoping if we did brunch at like 11:30am or even the later end of brunch about 2, most people will be in the park at that time?
Any thoughts?
He will not wear noise cancelling headphones so that is unfortunately not really an option for us.
we did a noon brunch and it was loud. granted it did not bother our loud/excited group. the noise just seemed to build. it was the loudest of all the character meals we d have done. we had to wait a little past our ressie time would expect it to be about the same crowd wise

I would second the recommendation for Cape May Cafe over Chef Mickey's. I don't know exactly what it is about Chef Mickey's but it always seems louder and more chaotic than other character meals. We've only been to Cape May for breakfast once, but it ranks as our top character breakfast experience. We will definitely go back there in the future. The character interaction was wonderful and it was much more relaxed than Chef Mickey's. My second place choice would be 1900 Park Fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!