• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's

cynzilla

Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adven
Is there any trick to getting into Chef Mickey's for dinner? I have tried booking everydate for a MONTH and havent been able to get an ADR!!!:mad:

It's not really a trick, it's just you have to be making your ADR as early in advance as possible. As you are finding out Chef Mickey's can be hard to reserve.

For comparison, I had my 180 day ADR day yesterday, for dining in September, and CM was the first restaurant on my ADR list. I guess the other "trick" was that I started my ADRs exactly at 6am ET when the online system was refreshed with the data for my first day of arrival.

For what time of year are you trying to reserve? I just took a quick look and I am seeing good dinner times fro CM for the week in September I am traveling.

From experience you need to check online constantly throughout the day not just once a day for cancellations. As fast as that becomes available i am sure it also becomes unavailable pretty quickly for someone also looking for a CM reservation. It would be easy for me if i was on the computer doing something i would just open another window and every few minutes of so check to see if something popped up. I did this all day not just for CM but others as well. I did luck out twice for nice dinner times. I also wanted one for our arrival day (we had one for the next day) and tried constantly, i did luck out around noon about a week before our trip so i was thrilled. I did cancel the other one so another lucky person got my second reservation for CM.

or If you must, maybe play around with the # of people but i wouldnt go over 1 person. Say if it is 4 of you eating see if you have any luck with a party of 5. Once you get to the podium at the restaurant tell them you are minus 1 and it wouldnt be a problem.

I tried for 3 months before our trip this past Dec. to get a dinner reservation with no luck. I am embarassed:blush: to tell you how many times a day I tried during those 3 months. I finally got am ADR 1 week before we left at 5:30 which was the exact time I was looking for. :)

I had been trying for about three weeks to move our reservation for dinner at Chef Mickey from Saturday April 17th to Friday April 16th. It finally happened today. So happy!

I had been trying for about three weeks to move our reservation for dinner at Chef Mickey from Saturday April 17th to Friday April 16th. It finally happened today. So happy!

Interesting - I guess the preferred timing is a factor for CM too. I was poking around with a 5pm dinner time for April 16 and 17th, party of 4, and those times were available. 6pm/6:30 had nothing available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter