• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef mickey's or Ohana's

jjohnson

DIS Veteran
We're trying to figure out where to eat the 1st night and we were going to go to CM. I read in UOG that it can get loud here. Is is that "wild"? I'm thinking 1st day, after being at the parks, were not going to be in the mood for this. Is Ohana's a better choice? We're staying at the Poly too so I thought it might be more convenient. Is there somewhere off to the side at CM where you're not "in the middle" of it all?

You have to decide if you are looking for a character dinner or not.
Chef Mickey's is usually packed with families with kids for dinner...it's pretty much loud everywhere, especially when the characters come out to twirl their napkins with everyone.

Ohana can be loud too, because the kids are invited to hula hoop and have coconut races once an hour.

Since you are staying at the Poly, you HAVE to go to Ohana for breakfast AND dinner at least once. The food is delicious for both meals (the breakfast includes character interaction with Mickey, Goofy, Chip, and Dale).

As you can see in our signature, we've been to WDW many times over the past few years, and we never miss Ohana!!!

Chef Mickey's...it's a little too crazy for us.

That's a tough one. Although CM's food does not thrill me the atmosphere is most fun and exciting. It's a great way to start a Disney vacation. It gets loud when they start to cheer but that doesn't go on all of the time. It is buffet style so you have to get up to get your food.

O'Hana's is one of our favorites, the food is really good there, but it is also a fun atmosphere. No characters but they have games (coconut races and hoola hoop contests for the kids). It's a little more relaxing (even with the activities) and the food is brought to you (all you can eat).

I would do both while you're there especially since your staying at the POLY, CM is just a monorail ride away. If you decide to do CM make sure to make your PS 90 days out as popular times fill up quickly there. As KMH1 mentioned you might want to do CM's for breakfast instead. (the food might be better)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter