Chef Mickey, MK, and back to AKL?

lark

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this goes here or on the transportation board. I'm hoping someone can help with a transportation plan. Dad and daughter trip -- daughter uses a wheelchair. We will be staying at AKL. I think I have transportation sorted most days. Usually just driving to the park and then back to the AKL. But one day is a challenge and frankly I'm not sure I'm up to what we have planned. I get a bit compulsive about understanding the paths to and from everything, so please let me know if I have this right. We have a lunch at Chef Mickey, and then want to go to the MK for an after dark event -- the added hours after dark thing. It looks as though the only WDW transportation options for the after dark event back to AKL are buses and that it can be crowded and time consuming, so I think we will drive.

That said, the options for MK, even with our own car, look pretty intricate due to the TTC. As far as I can tell, what we'll need to do is to park in the MK lot, and then take the monorail the long way around to the contemporary, eat at CM, and then take the monorail back around the long way to the MK. At the end of the night, we'll either take a bus or ferry (assuming the monorail will not be working) back to the TTC, get our car, and then drive to the AKL. Do I basically have all that correct? It's hard to get a sense of the scale of everything -- should that all be reasonably doable?

We tend to move at a relatively slower pace when it's just the two of us. Assuming a 2:00 p.m. ADR at Chef Mickey, what time should we be leaving the AKL to get to the contemporary on time?

Assuming you are parking at TTC (and not at the Contemporary) yes, the only option using Disney transportation is the monorail ride to the contemporary and then take the monorail back to MK. Unless you want to walk from Contemporary to MK. Don't know if there is a power wheelchair involved or someone will be pushing it.

I don't know if the monorail runs after the event or not. The resort side might be running. The ferry may work better than a bus with the wheelchair, and unless they run special buses, there won't be buses to TTC.

Assuming you are parking at TTC (and not at the Contemporary)

Oh, duh, I should just park at the contemporary. Park there, eat, drive to the TTC and then take whatever looks quickest to the park and then do the same at the end of the night!

They will let us park at the contemporary to eat, I'm sure.

I'd take the bus from AKL to MK, use the walking path to the Contemporary, eat there, go back the same way to MK, and then take the bus back to AKL. Doing all that driving is going to be just as time consuming, and potentially more crowded (waiting for boat/monorail, etc) than waiting for an AKL bus. Is the after dark event for onsite guests only, or a hard ticket event?

Thanks. Hard ticket. I've been reading the busses afterwards last year were really slow and crowded.

You can valet park at contemporary all day if throwing some extra money at the situation makes it easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter