• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheesy Potato Recipe

TonyS20

Mouseketeer
I have misplaced my Cheesy Potato recipe. Can someone help? I know that it had shredded frozen hasbrowns, velvetta cheese and cream of chicken soup. My brother requested it for Christmas dinner and now I can't find the recipe.

Any help would be appreciated!! :blush:

TonyS20 said:
I have misplaced my Cheesy Potato recipe. Can someone help? I know that it had shredded frozen hasbrowns, velvetta cheese and cream of chicken soup. My brother requested it for Christmas dinner and now I can't find the recipe.

Any help would be appreciated!! :blush:

Here's a bunch:

Potato Casserole

* 1 2-pound bag frozen hash brown potatoes, defrosted
* 2 cups regular or reduced-fat sour cream
* 1 10 3/4-ounce can regular or reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
* ¼ cup butter or margarine melted
* 2 cups corn flakes, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper and cheese in a large bowl. Fold in the hash browns and pour into a 3-quart casserole that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the melted butter or margarine with the crushed corn flakes and sprinkle over top. Bake for 45 minutes.

Makes 10 servings.

OVEN BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE

32 oz frozen hash browns - southern style
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups corn flakes, crushed

Mix together hash browns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cheese, onions,
salt, pepper and 1/2 cup melted butter. Spread mixture into 13X9X2 baking
dish. Combine the remaining melted butter and crushed corn flakes and top
mixture evenly. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 1 hour.

Ross' Potato Casserole

32 oz*** Frozen southern hash browns
1/4 t**** Pepper
1 can*** Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cups* Corn Flakes
1/2 c*** Melted Butter
1/2 c*** Chopped Onions
8 oz**** Velveeta Cheese, chunks

Cut up the Velveeta cheese into smaller chunks.* Mix all ingredients except corn flakes and butter.* Put in 9x13 pan
and sprinkle crushed corn flakes over the top.* Drizzle butter over the corn flakes.* Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Golden Potato Casserole

* 6 medium potatoes, boiled and cooled in skins (or use frozen potato cubes, enough to equal 6 medium potatoes)
* 1/4 C butter
* 2 C (16 oz.) sour cream
* 1/3 C chopped green onions
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 2 C grated cheddar cheese
* Corn Flakes cereal, crumbled
* 2 Tbsp. butter to dot over Corn Flakes

Peel and grate cold potatoes into large bowl (or pour bag of frozen potatoes into bowl). Heat soup and butter over low heat. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream and green onions. Pour sour cream mixture over cold potatoes in bowl and toss gently. Spread potato mixture in buttered 8x10x2-inch casserole. Sprinkle with crushed Corn Flakes, dot with butter. Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.

Super-Easy Corn Flake and Potato Casserole

1 bag of Ore Ida southern style hash browns
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of sour cream

Mix all of these things together and put it in a 9X13 pan. Sprinkle a few handfuls of corn flakes on top and bake for about an hour at 350.

Betty's Potato Casserole

2 - 12 oz Packages Ore-Ida® Hash Brown Potatoes
1/2 Cup Snipped Chives
1 Tablespoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Butter
1/2 Cup Chopped Yellow Onions
1 Can Campbell's® Cream of Chicken Soup
2 - 8 oz Cartons Sour Cream
2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 Teaspoons Butter *an additional 2 Tsp.*
2 Cups Crushed Kellogg's® Corn Flakes

Completely thaw the 2 - 12 ounce packages of Hash Brown Potatoes.

Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a medium saucepan and sauté the onions.

In a large bowl, combine the Sour Cream, Cream of Chicken Soup, sautéed Onions, thawed Hash Brown Potatoes, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Salt and Pepper and mix well. Spoon this mixture into a 3 quart baking dish.

Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a small saucepan. In a small bowl, combined the melted butter and crushed Corn Flakes making sure the corn flakes are well coated.

Spread the corn flakes over the top of the potato mixture and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

I don't follow a specific recipe, just a few ingredients for a dish that is requested by all family members no matter what season:
Start with a package of shredded hash browns and put in a 9 X 11 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. In a seperate bowl mix 1 can cream soup (chicken or mushroom make good choices), 1/4 C. melted butter, 8 oz. of sour creme, diced onions, half cup of Miracle Whip (we HATE mayo). Pour this mixture over the potatoes. Then sprinkle with your choice of shredded cheese (aged cheese gives it more flavor) and buttered bread croutons (toast 4 slices of bread and mix in with a few T. of melted butter).
There's never any left to take home! Just wash the pan and get ready for the next time.
:cool1:

thanks a bunch!

I see the one that we use & will be trying the others too!

Judy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter