• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheerleaders At Disney?

KAM'S MOM

Earning My Ears
DOES ANYONE KNOW APPROXIMATELY WHEN THE CHEERLEADERS WILL BE AT DISNEY? I'M PLANNING A TRIP TO DISNEY IN EARLY FEBRUARY, BUT DUE TO SOME OF THE NEGATIVES I'VE HEARD (LATE NIGHT PRACTICES,ETC), I WOULD PROBABLY RESCHEDULE MY TRIP IF THEY ARE THERE IN EARLY FEB.

Personally, I wouldn't let the prospect of cheerleaders (or any other group) keep me from a trip to WDW. There are always groups of some kind visiting. I would try to avoid staying at any of the the All Star Resorts, though.

FWIW, here is a link to the cheerleading/dance events scheduled at the WWOS:

http://dwws.disney.go.com/wideworld...roupingindex?id=SPOROtherHomePageSporEvGrping

You will probably also want to check the other sports to see what they have scheduled for your time frame. Hope the link helps!

My niece will be there for National's with her team, Feb. 6-10th.

I was there in 2002 during that same week and did not find cheerleaders to be a problem in the parks, they were not staying at our resort.

BTW, her team will be at CBR.

Vicb --- I do not see a competition scheduled for Feb 6-10. Is is being held at Disney?

Renee

My understanding is that the competition is called "Nationals" and it is sponsored by the national cheerleaders organization. The competition is held at the Disney Sports Complex. The actual competition is Fri, Sat and Sun of that week. Most of their free time is late afternoons and evenings as competition is during the day. As I mentioned their team is staying at CBR. And I was there this same week last Feb. and we traveled home on the airplane with a team from Colorado. Not sure why it isn't on the above mentioned website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter