checking in

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
question. we are arriving from the city (planning on taking the train) on a Wednesday, staying at the newport bay for two nights. I would love to maximize our time and go straight to the parks and leave our luggage at the hotel. Especially since check in won't be available until later. I'm used to disney world were we get our tickets ahead of time. Where do I go to get our park tickets? We used the disneyland paris site to book our package. Any tips?
My husband is wanting to use the high speed train (just for fun) but I'm having a hard time finding out how to book that ahead of time. I'm so used to WDW and DCL were everything is laid out ahead of time. I'm feeling a little lost. I called and tried to make reservations at chez remy which is the only restaurant we were gonna try and I was told its closed. Is that true?

You can check in at the hotel at any time but just cant get your room until about 3/4pm. When you check in you will be given your park tickets and any vouchers for anything else you have booked and will be able to leave your luggage in the hotel left luggage
Ive booked in before 8am and been in the park for EMH on arrival day

Sorry Ive never used the high speed train so dont know much about it but I imagine you book direct on the website. - Its the TGV . However its not always the fastest or easiest option to get from the airport.
You say however you are arriving from the city - do you mean from Central Paris rather than the airport as the TGV doesnt run from the city - its the RER which is the normal commuter train /extension of the metro into the suburbs

What time did you try to book Remy's? The studios usually close at 6pm so you arent usually able to book the restaurant after about 5 so thats possibly why they said it was closed

If with 'city' you mean Paris, then indeed, no TGV, only RER. If you mean 'Marseille' for example, then indeed the website of the TGV or SNCF might help.
If it's Paris, just go to the machines at the station.

When the Studios close early, what does happen in low season, especially when it's dark early and during the week, also the restaurants close early, naturally.
But did she mean closed due to Studios being closed, closed due to renovation, or closed as you can only make reservations 2 months ahead, and your visit is further away in the future?

For the luggage and check-in question, there should be a separate check-in desk for club level, which speed things up a bit. I would contact the hotel to see if they have a solution if there is another place to pick up the tickets. If that's possible, you can go directly to the park, leave your luggage at the drop-off-point at the entrance.
I've never done it myself, and I've never heard it was possible to pick up your tickets somewhere else. Except for the people travelling on the Eurostar from London. I believe they can get the tickets at the station.

If it's not possible, and you decide to walk from the train station to the hotel, I think the entire process to get back into the park an hour max.
2x 15 minutes walking, but if you encounter a long queue at check in (for whatever reason), or maybe a long queue at the security before entering the DLP area a bit longer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter