Checking in at Disneyland Hotel

spacemouseneer

Mouseketeer
We are ariving on Monday. It is our first time staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I wanted to know people's experiences with check in. Asking for an upgrade, I have heard that it is possible to get an upgrade if it is available. Also, checking in with kids. I've also heard that they can recieve a welcome package when we check in. Autographed picture or what not. Do you have to call the hotel and pre-arrange this? Do I just call the hotel operator number? And lastly, I was wondering about Mickey phone calls to your hotel room. Does the hotel provide this service? And again, can I pre-arrange this with the hotel operator? Any info on these topics would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

spacemouseneer said:
We are ariving on Monday. It is our first time staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I wanted to know people's experiences with check in. Asking for an upgrade, I have heard that it is possible to get an upgrade if it is available. Also, checking in with kids. I've also heard that they can recieve a welcome package when we check in. Autographed picture or what not. Do you have to call the hotel and pre-arrange this? Do I just call the hotel operator number? And lastly, I was wondering about Mickey phone calls to your hotel room. Does the hotel provide this service? And again, can I pre-arrange this with the hotel operator? Any info on these topics would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

honestly, I wouldnt hold my breath about the upgrades especially since your going to be there on a holiday and such but yes you can make arrangements for welcome things...I would call the front desk...also yes, they do have mickey wake up calls...thats my favorite reason for staying in the DLH :banana:

I agree about the free upgrade, being on a holiday it may be harder to get. We've stayed there 3 times in the last few years, and this year was the first and only time we got a free upgrade. We didn't ask for it or anything either. It was a nice surprise but it's not something to count on.

I would also call about all the welcome package stuff. We did get a package, but it was mainly papers about what was going on in the resort at the time, no autographs or anything. Maybe it's something you ask for?

The wake up calls are neat, a nice plus to staying there. It has instructions in the room as to how to request one.

Check in is usually pretty easy. Sometimes there has been a line, so we have waited a bit to check in. They do have a small sitting area with a tv with Disney cartoons going for kids if there is a wait.

We've stayed at the DL many times before and never had a problem checking in, until last year. Never having any problems checking in with just our names, I had left my confirmation information in my suitcase, which was being held by bell services. Front desk did not have any of our reservations (3 rooms) or names on file. It took awhile to sort it all out - the problems being our confirmation numbers were transposed and names were spelled incorrectly in their system - even though our confirmation reflected the correct spelling. We were able to get 2 of our 3 rooms upgraded...this was during Memorial Day weekend. So my advice, keep your confirmation letter with you and ask for the upgrade anyway...you'll never know what you'll get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter