Checking In and Hitting the Parks!

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi All

We will be at BC July 28th thru Aug 3rd. We are driving this year and thought we would leave the day before and spend the night off property so we will already be there the 28th. My question is...although our room won't be ready in the morning, can we go by BC to check-in and then hit the parks?

Hi All

We will be at BC July 28th thru Aug 3rd. We are driving this year and thought we would leave the day before and spend the night off property so we will already be there the 28th. My question is...although our room won't be ready in the morning, can we go by BC to check-in and then hit the parks?

Yup. You can check in as early as 6:00AM.

Yep, we do this all the time. The only thing to keep in mind is not leaving ANYTHING in the car that may melt or have an adverse reaction to the heat. I had a laptop just plain stop after leaving it in the car for the morning in the heat. It also cuts back on your ability to bring food in beforehand but if you have a decent enough cooler, it may not be too bad. We just check in, head out, and go back to the resort when we get the alert our room is ready or check in time.

Yep, we do this all the time. The only thing to keep in mind is not leaving ANYTHING in the car that may melt or have an adverse reaction to the heat. I had a laptop just plain stop after leaving it in the car for the morning in the heat. It also cuts back on your ability to bring food in beforehand but if you have a decent enough cooler, it may not be too bad. We just check in, head out, and go back to the resort when we get the alert our room is ready or check in time.

Even better, Bell Services/Luggage Assistance at Disney resorts have refrigerators and freezers to store your food. Just have it packaged (bagged) and clearly labeled to distinguish foods that need refrigeration from those that need freezing when you drop it and your other luggage off with them.

Do you tip bell service when you pick up your bags? How much is typical?

Apparently as with valet parking you are supposed to tip both when dropping off and picking up as it will most likely be 2 different people. I often do $2 a bag, sometimes $3 if it is only 1 bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter