Checkin: Quiet on the Single Parents Board

MommyMeNDisney

DIS Veteran
Hey, just checking on everyone. It's been very quiet on the single parents board lately. Very few posts. No activity on here for over 24 hours.

So, I want to make sure everyone is okay. I know a few of you are on Disney vacations right now. I hope you are all having a great time with Mickey and his Pals.

Everyone else, please check in. I know with school starting, the holiday weekend and just other "life stuff", we can't always come on here; however, I just want to know that my fellow single parents are okay. :)

:flower1::flower1:Hi There!!!! It's CRAZY TOWN over here! My twins started there sophomore year at HS last week - they go to a vocational school. My youngest starts Tues!!! One of my twins was recruited for the Football Team and he has never played before so I'm a stressed mess. I don't get child support so Serember is the WORST month of the year for me & this year they need tools for their shop which makes it really tough.
I work 50 hours a week and have been there for 10yrs. Its so draining. But, by October everything should be calmed down.
Hope everyone else is doing well!!!! Happy BTS!!!!!!

Things here are busy too. Colin started school, soccer practice, scouts again. Plus working and coming back from our Alaska cruise. Haven't had time to to think really. Thank's for checking in though... it's nice to be missed.

We're okay. School started. I have a 7th grader and a kindergartener. 7th grader is in a local choir and they started up again last week.

I got laid off so most of my time online has been on job search sites. Got a job starting soon (delayed start due to my school's slow response to their education verification process); but it's a contract position so I still have to keep looking. I've been on here sparingly when I need a light moment.

:flower1::flower1:Hi There!!!! It's CRAZY TOWN over here! My twins started there sophomore year at HS last week - they go to a vocational school. My youngest starts Tues!!! One of my twins was recruited for the Football Team and he has never played before so I'm a stressed mess. I don't get child support so Serember is the WORST month of the year for me & this year they need tools for their shop which makes it really tough.
I work 50 hours a week and have been there for 10yrs. Its so draining. But, by October everything should be calmed down.
Hope everyone else is doing well!!!! Happy BTS!!!!!!

Awww, sending you some good thoughts, relaxing vibes, and prayers to get you through the month of September! Hang in there mom. It will all work out and October will be here before you know it.

Congrats to your DS on being recruited by the football team. Get your Pom Poms ready mama, he's going to be great!

I hope your boys have a great school year!

Thank you for checking in.

Things here are busy too. Colin started school, soccer practice, scouts again. Plus working and coming back from our Alaska cruise. Haven't had time to to think really. Thank's for checking in though... it's nice to be missed.

I understand. Good luck to Colin this soccer season. I hope he has a great school year as well.

How was Alaska? I'm really looking forward to taking DS next year! I was watching a documentary on whales this morning. Those are some massive, interesting creatures! It made me long for our Alaskan cruise. :)

Thanks for checking in. I definitely missed you guys. I really enjoy this little "family".

We're okay. School started. I have a 7th grader and a kindergartener. 7th grader is in a local choir and they started up again last week.

I got laid off so most of my time online has been on job search sites. Got a job starting soon (delayed start due to my school's slow response to their education verification process); but it's a contract position so I still have to keep looking. I've been on here sparingly when I need a light moment.

I completely understand that! I've been laid off before. Not fun. I'm glad you were able to secure contract work. You're in my thoughts and prayers for something more permanent.

Happy back to school to your kids. I hope they have a great school year too!

Thank you for checking in!

Been busy here too! I went back to work (I'm a teacher.) Aug 6th, so it's been busy around here. I wake up, exercise, go to work, come home, cook and crash with my daughter. Whew! I also hate this time of the year because it's property tax payment time along with all the stuff my daughter needs at the beginning of the year. I seriously hate August-November because money is tight. My daughter did enjoy her 4th birthday recently, I swear, she thought the mermaid Barbie I got her was the best thing ever. :) Now I have to find a merman for her. LOL!

Been busy here too! I went back to work (I'm a teacher.) Aug 6th, so it's been busy around here. I wake up, exercise, go to work, come home, cook and crash with my daughter. Whew! I also hate this time of the year because it's property tax payment time along with all the stuff my daughter needs at the beginning of the year. I seriously hate August-November because money is tight. My daughter did enjoy her 4th birthday recently, I swear, she thought the mermaid Barbie I got her was the best thing ever. :) Now I have to find a merman for her. LOL!

Happy belated birthday to your DD! The Barbie story is too cute! I got my niece the mermaid Barbie for Christmas. I didn't know there was a merman. Her birthday was last month. I bought her a $5 Barbie and a $5 Ken from Walmart. She thought it was the best gift ever! A $10 gift that she loves, definitely works for me. LOL

Happy BTS to you and your DD. have a great year!

Thanks for checking in.

Happy belated birthday to your DD! The Barbie story is too cute! I got my niece the mermaid Barbie for Christmas. I didn't know there was a merman. Her birthday was last month. I bought her a $5 Barbie and a $5 Ken from Walmart. She thought it was the best gift ever! A $10 gift that she loves, definitely works for me. LOL

Happy BTS to you and your DD. have a great year!

Thanks for checking in.
Amazing how they love the things that cost the least! Nope, no merman I just saw. Guess it'll be a beach Steven doll!

I'm here! School and fall baseball are keeping us busy. DS started first grade this year, so he actually has homework every night and he's in school all day now - both of which are a big adjustment for both of us. Luckily, he's still in the "homework is so cool and fun" stage. Plus, he had baseball games 3 nights in a row this past week! Hopefully, we'll get settled into our new schedule quickly. I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

I'm here! School and fall baseball are keeping us busy. DS started first grade this year, so he actually has homework every night and he's in school all day now - both of which are a big adjustment for both of us. Luckily, he's still in the "homework is so cool and fun" stage. Plus, he had baseball games 3 nights in a row this past week! Hopefully, we'll get settled into our new schedule quickly. I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Wow, 3 baseball games in a week is a lot.

Yep, looks like adjusting to the back to school routine is the culprit. I hope things settle down soon for you too.

So glad to hear everyone is ok and just dealing with regular life stuff. :)

We've been pretty busy around here as well! My daughter started 8th grade about a month ago, but she has joined the color guard with the high school band. She's had lots of practices to attend, and now we have Friday night football games to go to. She's still learning to toss that flag, but she gets better every day. She plans on staying with color guard through college, like my older daughter did. Here's a photo from this past Friday night:

11947488_119532565065421_4023025068257775039_n.jpg

My baby is the third one back in the yellow--she has on black glasses. She is absolutely loving color guard!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
We've been pretty busy around here as well! My daughter started 8th grade about a month ago, but she has joined the color guard with the high school band. She's had lots of practices to attend, and now we have Friday night football games to go to. She's still learning to toss that flag, but she gets better every day. She plans on staying with color guard through college, like my older daughter did. Here's a photo from this past Friday night:

View attachment 122325

My baby is the third one back in the yellow--she has on black glasses. She is absolutely loving color guard!

That's awesome! Congrats to your DD! I used to be in the color guard :)

Last edited:
Still here. Kiddo starts grade 1 tomorrow, and I go back to work Wednesday boo hoo. I'm still dreaming and trying to figure out when we can get to Disney for more than two nights :) If I am good, it'll be in 2017, if I decide to go for it and put it on credit it will be sooner. I guess we'll see! We had a great summer together and kiddo reminded me tonight that he's only 5 you know, he wants to be with me and not go to school. Always knows how to get to me! He's a good kid, I wish I could stay home with him but I haven't won the lottery yet :) We talk at bedtime every night and he thinks it would be great if we lived in Florida so he could get a boat (we live in Canada!) and I tell him, maybe when I retire.

Still here. Kiddo starts grade 1 tomorrow, and I go back to work Wednesday boo hoo. I'm still dreaming and trying to figure out when we can get to Disney for more than two nights :) If I am good, it'll be in 2017, if I decide to go for it and put it on credit it will be sooner. I guess we'll see! We had a great summer together and kiddo reminded me tonight that he's only 5 you know, he wants to be with me and not go to school. Always knows how to get to me! He's a good kid, I wish I could stay home with him but I haven't won the lottery yet :) We talk at bedtime every night and he thinks it would be great if we lived in Florida so he could get a boat (we live in Canada!) and I tell him, maybe when I retire.

Oh man, I'm in trouble! DS makes me melt by just coming up to me and kissing me without being asked. He's not even talking yet. Oy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!